Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW0 water drip into tub

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ddunk1946

ddunk1946

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller Light

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

With the mem sahib (the Mrs.) out of town and me trying to be a good hubby, I took a small blanket that she had washed (we can't have anything nice; we have cats!) out of the washer to dry it, I noticed that there was about a gallon of water in the tub and a slight drip out of the water inlet. Thinking that the blanket had been out of balance, I set it to spin and in 12 minutes, it was dry enough to put in the dryer.

End of story, or so I thought. Just now, I looked at the washer and it is still slightly dripping and has water in the tub. This washer has been running fine since 2009 when I replaced the logic/circuit/mother board. I'm guessing the problem now is the water inlet valve. There's just the two of us so it's not like it's on all the time. Well, us and whatever things need washing that the cats arfed up on... :blinky:

BUT, since this same weekend, I replaced a flush valve on a slow-filling toilet upstairs that turned out to have a largish piece of dislodged rust in the line and bits in the flush valve, I'm wondering if the same fate hasn't befallen the water inlet valve on the washer.

I thought I'd run this by the group to see if my analysis held any water. (no pun inteded). I don't now if they can be cleaned like a dishwasher inlet valve but I would rather order one and have it handy in case it needs to be replaced.

What say you?

Many thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

The fill valve is the first thing I would suspect, especially if it still drips water when unplugged from the electricity.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=906483

Water-Inlet-Valve-8181694-00750229.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 ddunk1946

ddunk1946

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yep, that's the valve. I'll get one ordered, thanks!

#5 ddunk1946

ddunk1946

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Update: Speaking of unplugged...when Herself returned home, I told her of the events and that I would get another valve, etc. When I got home the next day, I noticed that the drip had stopped. When I mentioned this to her, she allowed as how she had unplugged and plugged the washer.(no mean feat as they are up on pedestals and the back edges are under wall cabinets). When asked how she arrived at that, she said that whenever her fax at the office (a big Savin color printer/copier/fax server) acted up, she had to do the same and reboot it.

Sheesh. Go figure.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,848 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Never heard of that!  Interesting reasoning process, too.  What man is there among us that can fathom the mysterious ways of the female mind?  I've been married 24 years and still have yet to figure it out!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics