Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DurhamAppliance

Whirlpool range rf265lxtb mainboard issues

14 posts in this topic

Whirlpool range showing error indicating sensor short. Sensor and harness test fine... no shorts. Same issue with different harness and sensor. All other components tests ok. Replaced board with a rebuilt board. Same problem. Same error occurs even with sensor not connected. Tested sensor and harness directly and at board as well as short to ground. Can there be anything else other than another bad board?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... Whirlpool range showing error indicating sensor short.

... Same error occurs even with sensor not connected.

1) F3E1 ?

2) with the Connector disconnected at the Board ?

got the correct Board ?

rf265lxtbW10114377

rf265lxtbW10108100

rf265lxtbW10108100

rf265lxtbW10108100

Edited by RegUS_PatOff

did not try it with connector disconnected at the board since door switch etc also part of that connector. But since the oven is in my shop, I can give it a try shortly

got the correct Board ?

rf265lxtbW10114377

rf265lxtbW10108100

rf265lxtbW10108100

rf265lxtbW10108100

uh oh..... that could be the key....been pulling my hair out. I did notice the newer board preheated for 8 minutes while the original preheated for 5. Thought it was a software upgrade. You give me hope that my testing abilities are still intact although my model reading abilities may need some serious self chastisement. checking soon.

correct Wiring Harness ?

rf265lxtb9762428

rf265lxtbW10084660

rf265lxtbW10084660

rf265lxtbW10084660

See if anything pops up in diagnostic mode. Cancel/Off>Cancel/Off>Start and scroll with temp up key.

Diagnostics showed everything cool as well other than the f3 e1 error. But I never believe those lying pieces of crap anyway. They are the first to say.."hey, aint nothing wrong with me...it's that other guy."

Topic split and moved here.

Take the large hammer out of your toolbag and show it to the range.  Note under service performed:  "Scared unit to death.  Checked operation-Ok".

Update. The rebuilt board was bad... they replaced it and all is well.

Domo for letting us know, Brother Durham!  

Just curious:  was rebuilt the only option with model and, if so, is that why you went that route?

Domo for letting us know, Brother Durham!  

Just curious:  was rebuilt the only option with model and, if so, is that why you went that route

Investment property beat up stove, the board was about 300 new...rebuilt was the only option for the repair to make sense. I actually advised the customer to replace the stove instead.

I hears that, mah bruvah.  Rule Numero Uno for service calls: situational awareness.