Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

DACOR OVEN M#ECD227SCH door gap

dacor door.gap

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pure water

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

This is the third Dacor oven I have encountered recently that has a door that does not appear to fit properly. The latches at the hinge point of connection appear to be of a Whirlpool design. Is there any one out there who has encountered this problem and has a solution? Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files

ross

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

This is the third Dacor oven I have encountered recently that has a door that does not appear to fit properly. The latches at the hinge point of connection appear to be of a Whirlpool design. Is there any one out there who has encountered this problem and has a solution? Any help is appreciated.

I would replace hinges and receivers (hinge "rollers") as a set.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Two hinges are listed for that model number:

Not sure with is yours.  

#4 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Ok. I finally have the hinges. Thanks RepairClinic.

Is there a tutorial on how to replace them? Any special tool to use to unload the spring tension and slide the worn mechanism out? I have the door apart  but am not able to figure this out? Help!

ross

#5 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Ok. I figured it out. I had to use a pair of vice grips to hold the old hinge fully open, and did this while hinge was still attached to door. Then, while it is held open,  i used a pair of channel locks to squeeze the mechanism the last little bit until the locking tab easily moved out of the way. Getting it back together was more difficult and I had to place the door skin down on a flat table, and push the entire door down until it locked. Be careful, it takes a lot of force.

ross

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

The replacement hinges received should already be secured with the locking hasp.  If you already have the door off and need to lock the hinge, lay the door face down on a protected surface.  My favorite tool to use is an 18" long piece of 1" pvc.  Just slide it over the hinge and use the increased leverage to extend the hinge until you can secure the locking hasp.

Edited by PDuff, 11 November 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#7 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

I could not figure out how to insert it while locked. Good idea on the pvc, which is firm yet won't damage anything. Thanks!!!

ross

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dacor, door.gap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics