Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ageing cannon cd2 problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jdncoke

jdncoke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:23 AM

Could anyone please tell me if there is a way of bypassing the timer on my gas oven. The panel's only available function is to stop me igniting either the top oven or the bottom. Up until today, I could randomly press all the buttons on the panel, it would bleep and the auto-ignition would work. Is there a simple connector i can detach inside the panel. I'm no electrician but I am competent and skint

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

There may be a way to by-pass your timer , but could not just disconnect someting as this would cut all power to the oven(s).  You would need to call a service company to come out to see if it could be by-passed. This is not something you would try yourself.  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,633 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:56 PM

[user=588]jdncoke[/user] wrote:

Could anyone please tell me if there is a way of bypassing the timer on my gas oven.

Would need to see your wiring diagram to answer that question. Post it here and I'll review it for you.

#4 jdncoke

jdncoke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:35 AM

thanks for the responses so far (I think). Heres the url for the manual. Hope it helps you help me. Thanks;  JD.

http://imagebank.ind...e/HB1113230.pdf

#5 jdncoke

jdncoke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:00 AM

sorry, i'm not being lazy, i just sent the link before even looking at the manual. Just printing off then i will look for myself but again, i am no sparky.

#6 jdncoke

jdncoke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:52 AM

ok! I've run the test on pg 24, which worked fine apart from the "auto" LED which may not mean anything as the lower left segment of the first eight was also out (adjacent to "auto"). Ran the second test on pg25 but unfortunately didn't get a single beep (the timer bleeped when i did the first test, so i know it can). Having looked at the wiring diagram, i think i've gone as far as i can without help from you guys. I have fitted electric gates, so i know a little about relays, resistors etc. So i think i am capable of following instructions. A new timer is £160, which is way out of my league. If it is possible, I somehow need to cancel any timer program which may be preventing the gas from flowing to the ovens and then rewire the ignitions so they work with the manual ignition switch. 

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,633 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

The manual has a pictorial wiring diagram but not a functional schematic, so it's a little difficult to follow the circuitry.  However, it appears to be a standard spark-assisted ignition system.  There's no silver bullet method of by-passing the timer  without creating and installing a set of discreet switches that serves the same functions as the timer circuit. 

#8 jdncoke

jdncoke

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:10 PM

So the only way that the valve releasing the gas to the upper and lower ovens can be controlled, is through this panel! Without major refurbishment that is. The ovens spark with the manual ignition but there's just no bloody gas.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,633 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

So the only way that the valve releasing the gas to the upper and lower ovens can be controlled, is through this panel!

That question cannot be answered with absolute certainty without looking at a schematic; however, my guess it that the ERC completes the circuit for the gas valve's bimetal, allowing it to release gas.  Can you visually trace the wires from the gas valve to the ERC? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics