Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel DD603i - control badge bad?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eightball

eightball

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Okay, so here's the deal have two integrated dishdrawers.

Top drawer the little control badge on the door (chrome piece with power/start/pause buttons) doesn't seem to be functioning.

With the door open the green led will flash but I can't seem to get feedback from pushing the buttons - i.e. nothing happens.

Took off both fronts and plugged the bottom drawer into the top - works fine.  Plugged the faulty top drawer into bottom - nothing.

So - it's the control badge, right?  Do these things go bad?

(Looking for a little confirmation on my troubleshooting)

I'm assuming what I need is a new control badge and everything will be fine, yes?

Okay, assuming that's the case - any tricks on getting the old badge out?  I'm a little concerned about damaging the wood panel that it's set in.  Drill it out?  Pretty sure if I just start banging on the thing that's not the right answer.

Need a pro tip!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, as always, 

Anthony

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

As long as the badge led is not blinking red then there's probably no fault indicated.  Press and hold keylock button 5 seconds to make sure control is not locked.  Integrated badges can go bad and be easy enough to remove if the cabinet guy did his job right.  Just push old badge from the back of the panel out to the front.  There are small ridges on the side of the badge body that hold it snug to the cutout.  Replacement badge should snap right in.

#3 J5

J5

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

you have proved the badge is faulty

it sometimes happens

often from spray cleaners , the liquid gets into the badge and corrodes

the badge is a press fit into the timber panel so push it from the back as mentioned

part number for chrome badge is

526618p

#4 eightball

eightball

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Thanks, I'll let you know what happens.

Anthony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics