Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Stove Model# CRG9800AAE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ncc1701e

ncc1701e

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Im trying to determine if the top on this stove lifts up without opening any burners. Kind of like how you lift up the hood of a car. Anyone know?

Im trying to get to the control board because I have an F-5 and F-1 error. If anyone has a tech sheet that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Edited by ncc1701e, 26 April 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Tech sheet would be in a plastic bag on the back of your storage draw. Pull it out and unless someone scarfed it, should still be there. You can not just lift the top. Each burner will unscrew (1/4 turn) and pull up exposing a screw that holds the top down to the burner orifice support. Once you remove the burners, the screws, then the top will lift from the front up hinging toward the back.

But you do not need to lift the top to get to the control panel on this unit. It looks like a free standing model by the model (clock on the panel at the back of the stove). There will probably be a screw or two under the control panel on the left and right sides,small Phillips. Once you undo them, the panel should rotate up and dislodge allowing you to lift the control panel and clock up and rotate it down to access the backside of the clock. On this model since you do not have a touch pad, the clock is the issue.

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics