Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Code flashed not on tech sheet

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Whirlpool model wfw9150ww02  flashed a code 5 blinks and then 4 blinks.  I looked in tech shhet and there is no coed with those numbers.  second code was 71 tach. but it cleares off after a reset and automation check.  It wont start, all lights and buttons respond on control panel.   Door switch did not read zero, infinity.  it had a reading looking at how the switch is made i figure its solid state and not mechanical so it has some resistance.  True or false any info would be great.  The orginal problem was suppose to be just a bad door baffel, seal.  I replaced that and now they want me to fix this other issue.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

f5e2 door lock, f5e1 door switch error, f5e3 door unlock error,  f5 e4,  WAGuess something is wrong with the door switch.  Is that reasonable deductive reasoning.   And I need some enlightment on the automation test,.  I am or was a automation tech in manufacturing enviroment.  We could force on inputs and outputs using the PLC.  So the door switch is a input.  The door lock is a solonoid and output.  Does the test ignore the input of the door. ie it just locks the door (forces it) to lock.  Hence the automations test ignores any bad inputs and switches like a defective door closed switch.  Is that right?.  The first thing in the washer operation, start would be is the door closed and ground switches made.  What voltage is being used sent out from the CCU to the switch . Transformer reducing the 120 to.  5 vac or 24 vac, or does it have an internal rectifier on the control and uses dc voltage for feild devices.

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,368 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Did this code appear before you changed the baffle? That is an odd code and I am unable to find it. There is an f54 code, however, for cabrios and that involves high current for the motor module possibly from too much friction on the tub. Probably doesn't apply here but just in case, see if the tub turns freely.

Bypass the door lock and check dispenser door to rule them out as well.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'm seeing those codes in tech sheet W10252711A.  All door lock/unlock errors.  Most likely is a bad door lock assembly.  Try disconnecting the  door lock assembly wire harness at both ends, on the door lock and on the CCU, and reconnect.  If the problem remains, replace the door lock assembly.  In stock and ready to ship with a one year return policy.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,368 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Not sure if I understood.... were you getting all those codes or just the f5e4 and listing the others for deductive reasoning? It's the f5e4 I could not find but did not look at the tech sheet the Samurai is talking about. If you listed others for deductive reasoning then it does stands to reason it is a door lock error

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

the only code was f 5 e4,  all f5 codes relate to door, that was my deduvtive reasoning.  Years of workiing in industry has taught me not to assume.  What is common sense to me is not common to farmers is small towns or engineers that went to college.  This unit ran very smooth through the automation test, will check drag, but clearing the codes like I did, should make the unit wait until the motor is ran again before the high current fault could be detected, by the CT device.

I have disconnected both ends of the wire on the door switch, I checked continuity at the CCU end of the wire harness.  Should that reading be zero?  What is the reading on a new door switch? there is no refrence to it in tech manual.  Coorosion in the switch would cause high resistance (impediance) and if this is a low voltage signal (say 10 vdc) the controller would not get the full 10 volts ( lets say 5 VDC) input and would consider it a fault state.  The ohm meter is showing there is not a broke wire, but the voltage drop will not satisify the CCU's required input.

I'm going to order a door switch. and hope that fixes the problem.  Thanks will report back.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm going to order a door switch. and hope that fixes the problem.  Thanks will report back.

The door lock assembly it almost certainly the problem.  If you buy it here and it doesn't fix the problem, return it for a refund, even after you've installed it.  It's insane!  

#8 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Try not to over think it my Industrial brother. It is an appliance not a CNC or machine controlled by a PLC. If you want to make money the prize goes to the swift and accurate.

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Try not to over think it my Industrial brother. It is an appliance not a CNC or machine controlled by a PLC. If you want to make money the prize goes to the swift and accurate.

Wisdom!  Let us attend!  

#10 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

It was the door switch. Now the guy has a front load Ge that is noisy in the spin cycle. Downloaded the manual. Great help. Will be looking for wisdom on it. I've learned to seek wisdom and experience, even though I am some times even confident. In todays world when I start talking I somehow put people off. I get technical and try to share background so they too can grow. I have found though that this type of communication, causes great pain for some for they have a small capacity in which to store the information. Thinking can hurt as it streaches our capacity, but in the end we have a greater storehouse of goods in which we can share from to feed the minds of the truly hungry, who seek knowledge. Live and learn, don't just lean and be mean.

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Domo for posting the outcome!  Samurai wuvs a happy ending.   :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics