Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid Refrigerator Dispencer

Dispencer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dimitri77565

dimitri77565

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Railean Hand Made Rum

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Went to a K.A. refrigerator sxs no ice dispensing.  Motor looked rusted leakage from  Shaft tested read bad, well that did not solve problem.  You know every time you think you have it & get cocky , Bam you trip.

Seems the push paddle was not working also, & some how it was not showing good on microfilm so I took it with me.

Special order, blah blah , Tim "The Counter Parts Man" said hey lets take it apart, Duhh why did I not think of that?

Well sure enough it was full of black grease or melted rubber? dont know , but after I cleaned it with keyboard cleaner it works good. To be Installed Wednesday.

1.1 well pictures did not up load , any one know how? will try again tonight, got to go pay some bills

http://appliantology...14-inside-view/

http://appliantology...mage/713-front/

http://appliantology...image/712-rear/

you can still see some smudges in the inside view

Edited by dimitri77565, 30 April 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

In door ice bin I'm guessing.  Need model #.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

...  1.1 well pictures did not up load , any one know how?

picture file size 200k limit

OR upload them to a photo file website,

then post the links here

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

1.1 well pictures did not up load , any one know how? will try again tonight, got to go pay some bills

For a series of photos, it's best to make an album in the Gallery section and upload them there.  Virtually no limits.  

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Either unit lost power with a bin full of ice or there's some warm air intrusion at ice door.  Bad door motor or damaged hinge depending on model.  Have had new auger motors strip at the drive bar insert by not catching ice door problem during initial check.  Also check wire harness to auger motor for corrosion.  No replacement or repair for severely damaged wire harness to my knowledge.  Have to replace freezer door assy and that can be major dinars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics