Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Frig MSX22GRA***

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AARDL

AARDL

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PEPSI NEXT

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

So I had to replace the defrost heater #WR49X391. I have not used that part for a long time.

Well it so happens I needed that jumper wire for the load and line side of the heaters 'cause one of the wire was burnt (did not need it for the wire from one heater to the other) but the box did not have it.

I know what I did for a solution but not sure if the solution was a right call, so before a problem arises was hoping for your solution or a part # for that connection with that plastic cup thing.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks so much,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

Nope, don't make much sense......Was one of the refer wires , A blue  or  pink wire damaged???.........................." But the box did not  have it."... have what????................What was your solution????........... What is " that plastic cup thing"?????..................................If a wire terminal is damaged from the refer side of the wire harness, I would replace it with a crimp-on terminal ( with  heat shrink tube attached  )...........If I remember correctly, these heaters need to be wired in series, cuz each heater is rated at 60 volts...........................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics