Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkirksey1889

Samsung rfg297aars not making ice

8 posts in this topic

When I hit the test button it cycles and it puts water in the ice mold.  The ice maker (compartment) fan works.  The temperature is good.  The water valve works.  The ice maker rotates when testing.  Control board or ice maker?  Which do I order?  I have the ice maker figured out, it's the 9 cube version.  Would I change the inverter board or the main control board?  Does this unit even have both boards?  I don't know why Samsung can't be more specific with their parts.  I looked this model number up on Sears and it called for the 7 cube version.  The wiring harness is different on 7 cube and the unit actually has a 9 cube ice maker.  It may be better to just stop working on Samsung all together.

/frustration

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You will need the full Bom number to get the correct part. My local parts house had the same issue with one of their customers re ice maker size. Since they knew I went to the training class in Orlando, they asked me to help. Ha! I do remember some talk in one class about reducing the number of cubes but increasing output but it wasn't in the samsung class.. I don't think. Anyhow I told the parts house to get the BOM number and sign up with GSPN (global samsung parts network). That is apparently the only way to know for sure you have the right part. Or even better, we can wait for brother Ohm!

While we are waiting, let's partake in some of Ohm's wisdom regarding icemaker testing on samsungs......http://appliantology.org/topic/41421-samsung-ice-maker-testing/?hl=%2Bsamsung+%2Bice+%2Bmaker

You will need the full Bom number to get the correct part. My local parts house had the same issue with one of their customers re ice maker size. Since they knew I went to the training class in Orlando, they asked me to help. Ha! I do remember some talk in one class about reducing the number of cubes but increasing output but it wasn't in the samsung class.. I don't think. Anyhow I told the parts house to get the BOM number and sign up with GSPN (global samsung parts network). That is apparently the only way to know for sure you have the right part. Or even better, we can wait for brother Ohm!

While we are waiting, let's partake in some of Ohm's wisdom regarding icemaker testing on samsungs......http://appliantology.org/topic/41421-samsung-ice-maker-testing/?hl=%2Bsamsung+%2Bice+%2Bmaker.

rfg297aars/xaa

Edited by jkirksey1889

I have the same issue with my parents refrigerator. Changed ice maker and main board. Still didnt fix it. Took my ice maker out of my refrigerator to test in theirs (mine worked great same part number) still didnt work in theirs. Put the ice maker back in my refer and now mine doesnt make ice. Grrrrr. When u figure it out let me know. Jm stumped on these things.

I am showing DA97-05422A as the ice maker p/n for that model

Also, this

samice.jpg

Edited by Ohm

I am showing DA97-05422A as the ice maker p/n for that model

Also, this

samice.jpg

Yeah thats the part number I came up with.  Thats a 7 cube ice maker.  I ordered that one, went to put it in, and it's the wrong ice maker.  The customers is a 9 cube ice maker with a different wiring harness.  I have that part figured out though.  I'm gonna order the 9 cube from repairclinic.  Thats for the other info.  I'm gonna try changinf the ice maker and go from there.

That settles it....guess I gotta keep a 9 cube an a 7 cube icemaker in stock

What blows that fuse? If someone put the incorrect biard in would it blow it?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0