Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung rfg297aars not making ice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

When I hit the test button it cycles and it puts water in the ice mold.  The ice maker (compartment) fan works.  The temperature is good.  The water valve works.  The ice maker rotates when testing.  Control board or ice maker?  Which do I order?  I have the ice maker figured out, it's the 9 cube version.  Would I change the inverter board or the main control board?  Does this unit even have both boards?  I don't know why Samsung can't be more specific with their parts.  I looked this model number up on Sears and it called for the 7 cube version.  The wiring harness is different on 7 cube and the unit actually has a 9 cube ice maker.  It may be better to just stop working on Samsung all together.

/frustration

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,407 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

You will need the full Bom number to get the correct part. My local parts house had the same issue with one of their customers re ice maker size. Since they knew I went to the training class in Orlando, they asked me to help. Ha! I do remember some talk in one class about reducing the number of cubes but increasing output but it wasn't in the samsung class.. I don't think. Anyhow I told the parts house to get the BOM number and sign up with GSPN (global samsung parts network). That is apparently the only way to know for sure you have the right part. Or even better, we can wait for brother Ohm!

While we are waiting, let's partake in some of Ohm's wisdom regarding icemaker testing on samsungs......http://appliantology...ung +ice +maker

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

You will need the full Bom number to get the correct part. My local parts house had the same issue with one of their customers re ice maker size. Since they knew I went to the training class in Orlando, they asked me to help. Ha! I do remember some talk in one class about reducing the number of cubes but increasing output but it wasn't in the samsung class.. I don't think. Anyhow I told the parts house to get the BOM number and sign up with GSPN (global samsung parts network). That is apparently the only way to know for sure you have the right part. Or even better, we can wait for brother Ohm!

While we are waiting, let's partake in some of Ohm's wisdom regarding icemaker testing on samsungs......http://appliantology...ung +ice +maker.

rfg297aars/xaa

Edited by jkirksey1889, 29 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,602 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

I have the same issue with my parents refrigerator. Changed ice maker and main board. Still didnt fix it. Took my ice maker out of my refrigerator to test in theirs (mine worked great same part number) still didnt work in theirs. Put the ice maker back in my refer and now mine doesnt make ice. Grrrrr. When u figure it out let me know. Jm stumped on these things.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

#5 Ohm

Ohm

Yamabushi

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Buckler

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

I am showing DA97-05422A as the ice maker p/n for that model

Also, this

samice.jpg

Edited by Ohm, 30 April 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#6 jkirksey1889

jkirksey1889

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

I am showing DA97-05422A as the ice maker p/n for that model

Also, this

samice.jpg

Yeah thats the part number I came up with.  Thats a 7 cube ice maker.  I ordered that one, went to put it in, and it's the wrong ice maker.  The customers is a 9 cube ice maker with a different wiring harness.  I have that part figured out though.  I'm gonna order the 9 cube from repairclinic.  Thats for the other info.  I'm gonna try changinf the ice maker and go from there.

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,407 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

That settles it....guess I gotta keep a 9 cube an a 7 cube icemaker in stock

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#8 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,602 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

What blows that fuse? If someone put the incorrect biard in would it blow it?

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics