Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Mod#GI7FVCXWY00 ice maker freezing over

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Unit wasn't making ice. Took front plate off and saw ice build up around icemaker. Tech sheet says there's an icemaker thermistor but I didn't see it on parts list. Also. How do I take out icemaker? I also have a service manual request but I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue. Also, does the freezer provide cold air for the icemaker or does it have its own evap? Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

There should be three 1/4" screws and a wiring harness keeping this contraption in place. This ice maker is the most common one and I believe yours is the same, but without the optics control.

http://appliantology...s/?fromsearch=1

#3 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Also, the icemaker showing signs of ice build up may be symptoms of a different problem. A picture of the ice patterns would be greatly helpful.

#4 deezus

deezus

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

Its a common one but its the shorty. I think it has a bad water valve as for some stupid reason WP mounted it in console. I am going back out there this morning to finish job so I'll let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics