Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaide Refrigerator Model #KSCS25INSS00

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bogreen

bogreen

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hi,

This unit is not making ice.

I opened the freezer door and checked the on/off switch. It was ON.

The sensor was blinking red. I held the flap in so the beam could complete

the circuit when it should turn to a steady red light. But no, it stayed blinking.

I think that means the two components are not communicating to each other.

Does this seem right?

Thanks,

Bruce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yes, that does seem right. Here's a topic similar to yours. I don't trust the blinking light so I use the bypass method shown.

http://appliantology...=+in +door +ice

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Also check your module.  Inspect the cam dog ears that hold the drive gear in place.  If one of the tabs are broken the drive gear will separate from the module and break the contacts behind the gear.  You might even find the broken tab rattling around in the module cover when you remove it.  If so just replace the module or the icemaker as an assembly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics