Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

More hotter water, please!

Speed Queen Speed Queen washer water level rinse temperature

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I would prefer a clearer pic so that I could be 100% sure. The numbers/letters on the timer are very difficult to make out as are some of the colors.

Eric

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:AD Haze, Iron Cruellar

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

I will do both an attachment and a photo (and anything else that comes to mind) when I return tonight.  I appreciate the offer to double check and verify the color codes/schematic.  Thank you, again.  

Mr. Lee Fix

#23 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

With help from Taylor San (#2 son), below is the Photo Bucket link to the CONNECTION DIAGRAM/SCHEMATIC/TIMER CHART. 

I couldn't paste the scan directly, so I used Photo Bucket.

To view clearly, kindly enlarge (they will stay clear).  Please note that the wire position legend (for the TIMER CHART) is sideways.  I trust this will bring a sense of Clarity to the problem.  

Mr. Lee Fix

http://s1268.photobu...n?sort=3&page=1

#24 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm pretty confident in my wiring mod description but the new photo's are different than the first one you showed and clearly have errors. On the top of the timer plug diagram it shows blk/pnk going to terminal 56 vice 16 and you can also see that one of the gray wires (GRY) is shown as DRY.

Eric

SpeedQueenTimerComparison.jpg

#25 Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Well, this is a problem.  I have the original paper that came with the machine, and an enlarged (175%) version done at STAPLES, and both have the correct numbers and colors (and are both the same).  When I look at photobucket, not only can I barely read them, but the info is different.  How the hell did it change when the 2 sources are identical to one another and different from the posted result (OCR problems?)  I will try this again, later, and proof read all results before sending.  The number in the original is 16, not 56 as is shown on photobucket.  Government conspiracy?  Nah, they're not that good.

Mr. Lee Fix

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Understanding Engineers

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 05 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

A priceless compendium of engineer jokes posted by Brother Lee Fix:

Source: More hotter water, please!

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics