Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sharp microwave drawer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Seagrams

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I;ve got a Sharp KB6525ps that is dead.  have 120 volts at filter board, all TCO's are closed.  120 volts to power board in back, no dispaly nothing.  I received a manual, but it is not very clear, hoping someone has had some more experience with this one.  I am guessing which I hate doing the power supply board, all the manual gives you is a wiring diagram no schematic. I have tested all the interlocks and they are good,  not sure about power path, there is also a "switching power board".  I am thinking this is to cycle power of magnatron as it has triacs mounted on it, but power goes between power supply board and it not sure which gets power first.

I don't speak chineese or korean so I'm a little lost hopefully one of you can help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Not much experience with this one.  I'd suspect the control panel (interface).  Those are more prone to static damage than power supply boards.  Any dc voltage to interface from power board?

#3 tpoindexter

tpoindexter

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Beamish

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

I;ve got a Sharp KB6525ps that is dead.  have 120 volts at filter board, all TCO's are closed.  120 volts to power board in back, no dispaly nothing.

If you have 120v at the pcb,  and no display then the board is bad.

Test

#4 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Sorry forgot to mention I replaced user control and display no change.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,639 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Have you checked the outlet for an open neutral?  If the neutral is open, you'll read voltage but own't get current flow.  

#6 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

It's in my shop now good power to unit.  I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a relay board as this is where I have power into but nothing coming out.  Bad FM box ( don't know what goes on in there "friggin magic" aka FM box.)

Now just need to find part used Global Micro last time unless someone has a better source for Sharp parts

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,639 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

get a relay board as this is where I have power into but nothing coming out.  

That's the key right there and Troubleshooting 101: If a component is getting proper inputs but not giving proper outputs, it's bad by definition.  Didn't know you had gotten this specific with the troubleshooting.  Sounds like you done found the problem!

#8 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

Well after a long wait to obtain coveted Sharp component new relay board (no other descripter) Installed no change still have power up to FM board no display nothing!!

I don;t like part changing monkey's and don't want to be one, but this thing has got me pickin fleas from my scalp.  Any help would be appreciated

Brian T

#9 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

I;m attaching manual I have for this maybe one of you fermented masters can see through the viel of this unit and impose some wisdom that's been hidden from me. 

Ok I was going to attach file, but obviously I don't know how to do that here.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,639 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I;m attaching manual I have for this maybe one of you fermented masters can see through the viel of this unit and impose some wisdom that's been hidden from me. 

Ok I was going to attach file, but obviously I don't know how to do that here.

Not sure why you can't but you can send the me by attaching to the form on the contact page and I'll add it to the Downloads section:  http://contact.appliantology.org/

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

may be similar to Dacor MMD30 made by Sharp ?   :whistling:

http://appliantology...mw-mmd24-mmd30/

see Test Procedures starting on PDF page 10

Edited by RegUS_PatOff, 26 May 2013 - 09:54 AM.
made by Sharp ? not Samsung

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#12 btenpin

btenpin

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Thanks, but I was aware of the Dacor unit and have that manual.  I have worked on a few (3) of them (Dacors), minor drawer issues and 1 mag.  I have that manual which is exact copy of the Sharp manual which I have don't believe it's a Samsung.

I'm  having issues decifering the IC, IC1 etc The components I have checked in the power supply circuit are all good (closed)interlocks, tco's, fuses There are 2 circuit boards + the User interface or LSI.  I have replace the LSI or user interface and the board mounted on floor of unit.  Ive double checked all connections.  I can't say i've done continuity through harnesses as all the wires are white and no markings.  I guess I can remove harnesses and visually check end to end.

Why do these things always pop up when your slammed, just what I want to do when I get done at 7:00 fight with this thing, and cannot get any mfr support, and parts take 2 weeks to get.  Ready to toss this thing, and hang head in shame

#13 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

... which is exact copy of the Sharp manual which I have don't believe it's a Samsung.

sorry, I meant Sharp..

At least it's not a Panasonic Inverter M/W :woot:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics