Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Rocket Appliance

How do you test a whirlpool style door lock assembly?

7 posts in this topic

just wanted to know if there's a test for this lock assembly others than parts changing monkey business....

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Were going to need a model number for that.

Eric

Since there is no model number, I guess we should just start from the beginning

Let me see..for their first model, I think you test the "lock"  by picking up a rock to see if it is heavy enough to keep the lid closed.

Vindicator---1940-04-15---Whirlpool-_zps

Now, to test  the locking mechanism for their second model.....etc

So sorry guys... thought I'd added it in the subject field model #110.45087400....it's been 8 years since I last posted or donated any beer money to the samuri,. guess I deserved the old whirlpool ringer washer ad ....had my arm broken badly by one of those when I was 6 lol ,... still hurts : (

Sorry for wasting your time....

Howdy Rocket, been a while.  Get the tech sheet inside the unit and put it in diagnostic mode so you can retrive the error codes and do lots of other cool tests.  If you're getting an F/dL error code, replace the door lock assembly.  

Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly-8182634-00907

If you're getting an F/11, that's usually a problem in the wiring harness.  

See my inspiring video for more...

So sorry guys... thought I'd added it in the subject field model #110.45087400....it's been 8 years since I last posted or donated any beer money to the samuri,. guess I deserved the old whirlpool ringer washer ad ....had my arm broken badly by one of those when I was 6 lol ,... still hurts : (

Sorry for wasting your time....

Hey, I apologize. Just wanted to make you chuckle , not bring up bad memories! Also a fun way to make others remember for future posts. Welcome back!

fdl codes can also be caused by a bad relay on the main control board