Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jlb813

Maytag Bottom Mount Refrigerator MFI2568AEB

8 posts in this topic

The customer called and reported this unit is not cooling. Upon arrival, I see all of the display lights flashing, the ice door is opening and shuting every few seconds, and there is a clicking sound coming from the display board. The compressor is running, as is the condensor fan; however, the evaporator fan is not running. I measured 6.34 VDC at the fan. I believe the low voltage board at the display is

bad, but I I'm wondering why the fan was not turning. If it is receiving 6+ volts, wouldn't it turn slowly? How can I test the motor to confirm it is still good?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Known issue...replace the HV board on the back and restore harmony.

... why the fan was not turning. If it is receiving 6+ volts, wouldn't it turn slowly?

give it a "spin" and see if it continues to run ...

I did give the fan a couple of spins, it turned freely but made a few revolutions and stopped. I will replace the main board. I'm glad I posted this because I would have replaced the low voltage board.

I have had good results changing the two large capacitors on these. Think the instructions were here on the site somewhere. Parts can be purchased at radio shack for about $5.00. .

Instructions are in repair manual stash under maytag flashing lights. The only change is the boards have 2 1000uf caps instead of a 680uf and 1000uf.