Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

jlb813

Maytag Bottom Mount Refrigerator MFI2568AEB

8 posts in this topic

The customer called and reported this unit is not cooling. Upon arrival, I see all of the display lights flashing, the ice door is opening and shuting every few seconds, and there is a clicking sound coming from the display board. The compressor is running, as is the condensor fan; however, the evaporator fan is not running. I measured 6.34 VDC at the fan. I believe the low voltage board at the display is

bad, but I I'm wondering why the fan was not turning. If it is receiving 6+ volts, wouldn't it turn slowly? How can I test the motor to confirm it is still good?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Known issue...replace the HV board on the back and restore harmony.

2 people like this

... why the fan was not turning. If it is receiving 6+ volts, wouldn't it turn slowly?

give it a "spin" and see if it continues to run ...

I did give the fan a couple of spins, it turned freely but made a few revolutions and stopped. I will replace the main board. I'm glad I posted this because I would have replaced the low voltage board.

I have had good results changing the two large capacitors on these. Think the instructions were here on the site somewhere. Parts can be purchased at radio shack for about $5.00. .

Instructions are in repair manual stash under maytag flashing lights. The only change is the boards have 2 1000uf caps instead of a 680uf and 1000uf.