Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite Dryer Mod#110.67062600

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

Getting an error code f40 on this dryer.  Any tips?  service manual?  All help is greatly appreciated as always!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Tech sheet should be on the back.  Not sure what the F40 fault is for the Kenmore.  Maytags of the similar design had issues with the blower pulley coming off.  If that's the case when you start the dryer you'll have no air flow.  Release top panel push in clips to access inside front panel.  Front panel comes off like a Whirlpool.  Remove 4 5/16 screws holding front drum support in place and remove support.  At this point you may find blower pulley and belt on cabinet bottom.  Do not order new pulley or belt.  Resecure loose pulley onto blower with Loctite.  Reinstall blower belt.  Reassemble unit.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

http://appliantology...00-tech-sheets/

F-40

Communication Error
F-40 flashes if the communication between the machine control and motor control is lost.

See TEST #3b, page 8.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Ok, so it turns out yes com error.  the 3b test directs you to a dual motor design (this only had one with a belt drive off the main motor).  Was pretty useless.  the dryer was very very clogged with lint.  I cleaned all the lint out and re-assembled the dryer.  It then turned on and ran with no code coming up.  But, it did not heat.  As I moved the control head I heard the relay clicking on and off.  After inspecting the interface board with a strong magnifying glass and not finding any cracks or loose solder joints I proceeded to trace the wires and load test them.  I found no breaks or unusual resistance.  I got thinking the only thing I hadn't tried and kind of hard to on that type of plug was pin fitment.  So I tightened all the connector ends on the interface side of the board and viola!!!!  appearently the f-40 seemed to be a combo of things from lack of airflow thru the blower to loose fit on the plug on the interface board side of the blue harness.

#5 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

well, just got the call from my friend the dryer is acting up again.  same code but they said if they hold the power button till the timer goes to 39 it stays running.  I assume they mean start when they say power button..... ugh.....

is there any possible way to decipher which board may be the culprit or is it just a guessing game at this point.  I might just tell them to but both as well as the harness. 

Edited by AppGuy, 04 May 2013 - 02:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics