Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ge model WJRE5550K2WW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Tub moving violently.Making horrible noise. .The original problem was no wash or spin found bad lid switch magnetic type.I replaced and washer is working except for noise and shaking.I found the ears down by motor scrapping bottom so bent those back and quited down some.My question is does this model move all over place when agitating and is there some other mechanical problem common with this unit Thanks SAMANERA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Is yer concrete counterweight securely tightened ? A real rash of these loose around my parts...WILL NOT balance in spin if so...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

You have to address the problem causing the motor ears to scrape the bottom. Either the top apron is bent or the shock rods are wore out. 

#4 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for your input.

I discovered the apron was bent.I let customer know and they seemed to be ok with bending the ears back.I let them know it could get worse over time.I noticed also that the shaking actually cause the lid actuator to go bad due to how there was not enough slacK between the harness and the switch.I did correct that so at least that wont happen again.Its running quieter but I still think that that model is pretty cheap.

SAMANERA

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,088 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

how 'bout we mosey this here thread over to that thar Laundry forum ...Ok...now, have at it partners.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Also make sure you check to make sure its actually agitating, not just moving the basket back and forth.  What you are describing sounds like the mode shifter is bad.  when that happens it just spins the basket back and forth,  Ohm out the wires running to the shifter and check the motor for a 4 flash code

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics