Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

AlexM

Maytag/Whirlpool Bottom Freezer Defrost Issue: JAZZ Board?

36 posts in this topic

that's the way i do it. Have become pretty proficient at it but always looking for better methods.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yep, that's how I do it.  The less I have to take apart means less opportunities to break stuff!  

Your markup is a whole lot better than my pathetic drawing !

IMG00003.jpg

2 people like this

...from now on, this is the only diagram I need to fix everything! Thanks!

1 person likes this

FindX.jpg

1 person likes this

HELP!  MY CUSTOMER JUST CALLED BACK...

They say that the control panel/light cover, (at JAZZ board)  is extremely hot.  He can open the fridge door and hold down the door switch and the light bulbs turn off, then on when open.

It is so hot that it warming up the FF section. 

I did replace two burned out light bulbs with two FSP 8009 light bulbs, the original two were burned out.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the door switch isn't being actuated by the door.  Check for loose light panel.  Might need to adjust door.  There's a shim available for the side by sides but not sure if it'll work for this one.

1 person likes this

this is when a killowatt meter comes in handy... plug it in and you can quickly determine by amp draw if the light is staying on when doors are closed.

Make sure the control housing is seated properly... not sure if it will affect light switch contact on this model but it takes a lot of force sometimes to snap it back in place... look for space between housing and ceiling (on the left and/or right side) .. if you see it, then the housing is not seated properly..

There's a shim available for the side by sides but not sure if it'll work for this one.

yeah for sxs I usually solve the problem by adding a washer on the bottom hinge pin if top hinge adjustment doesn't solve problem.

2 people like this

Thanks, I'm on it...I will report back.

Man, I love this thing. It's another one of my all time favorite tools. During basic electricity class at Asti, they were pumping it up, showing how you can use it on all kinds of appliances including microwaves and dryers (motor/timer tests using a 120v cord adapter). So while techs were gooing "oooh and aaaaahh" just as they did when later classes were discussing benefits of using a steamer, I was ahead of the game. Because of Appliantology, I already was using them and the benefits of using them was old news! Yeah yeah, I know you can use a clamp meter and line splitter... but coolness counts for something, doesn't it?