Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
intelxual

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDP01FLSS3 - no spraying

7 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone.

I hope you can help again.

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher KUDP01FLSS3 that started making a strange loud humming noise a few uses ago. Today, it's making the noise again - but now I noticed that the spray arms are not moving at all.

I great reason for the dirty dishes - but I don't know what is broken. A pump, perhaps?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Kurt

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Somethings jamming up your circulation pump. Dont run it until you clear the obstruction. 

Remove lower spray arm and sump cover.  Looking down at the sump the macerator cover is located right/front of sump.  Remove screw and macerator cover.  Check for debris between screen and blade.  If none found check blade movement.  Should be close to screen but not rubbing.  If ok reassemble sump and spray arm and remove lower access panel.  Make sure both capacitor wires are attached and secure to circulating motor capacitor.  Check wash motor operation.  If still noisy and no spray motor impeller could be damaged.  Replace sump assy at that point.

Is the dishwasher getting water? If not your valve may be stuck giving you valve chatter.

These wash motors are famous for failing because of water leaking into the bearing.  If this is the case, you're always better off replacing the whole sump assembly rather than just the wash motor.  Fairly common repair in this machine but also pretty easy. Here's my famous 4-minute sump change-out video:

[member=http://youtu.be/EiLlLZNBxJ8]

Thanks everyone - I think we uncovered the problem!

I took the unit apart, and discovered that the macerator screen was clogged solid.

Cleaned the screen and it seems that did the trick!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Kurt

I took the unit apart, and discovered that the macerator screen was clogged solid.

Probably clogged because the blade wasn't spinning. See if blade is attached to the plastic shaft, shouldn't spin freely on shaft.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/8268383/830886

If blade is attached to shaft, then see if shaft engages onto end of pump, pump should turn as you turn the blade when it is installed. If not, then you must replace the pump (see posts above).