Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Flashlight

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 wishfultech

wishfultech

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced tea

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Went to Batteries Plus the other day and they carry the ''Larry'' light .For 10 bucks it is a great little light and the magnet is a great plus.I carry a Fenix  in my pocket and use it often but I can see using the Larry in all sorts of things.Maybe another thing to add to your arsenal.Cant have too many flashlights!

Edited by wishfultech, 05 May 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Wishfultech, gadgets rules and you know how to recognize a good one! Yeah and i'm a flashlight nut as well. My parts supply house knows it and last month all the salesmen were waiting for me to arrive just to flaunt "the Larry." They laughed as I predictably drooled.sFun_drool2.gif  Needless to say, I bought one (bright yellow) for myself  and one (blue) for my business partner. We've both been extremely happy with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMwVhYUxTQg

http://www.nebotools...ails.php?id=165

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

"The Larry" looks grand!  I prefer a pen light that easily fits into my front pocket full of other handy tools-2 small cheap pens, extendable magnet, sharpie, small crecent wrence, small extendable mirror.

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Agreed.  For years I've carried an Energizer pen light in my shirt pocket (led nowadays and about $4 at any auto parts store).  Also carry a pen, Sharpie, screwdriver w/ magnet, Micronta voltage detector and UE pocket thermometer.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

I carry nearly the same in my pocket but I always keep my leatherman wave with 1/4 adapter on my belt. One of the best investments I've ever made.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Roger that, Brother Durham.  Keep a Dollar General leatherman knock off in the back pocket.  Got a nice one at Electrolux training but it's too damn big.

#7 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Pocket tools are great, except when you begin to get too many or one is too big...

#8 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Got a drawer full of pocket gadgets, usually geedunk passed out at factory training.  What I carry I use every day.  Besides, with my "Costanza" size wallet if I carry anything more my pants will fall down.  "Sorry Ma'am, would you get that for me"?

#9 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Speaking of flashlights, why is it customers always lead you to the appliance and don't turn on a single light ?  Are we supposed to be able to see in the dark?

Scott Wolf

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Speaking of flashlights, why is it customers always lead you to the appliance and don't turn on a single light ?  Are we supposed to be able to see in the dark?

Happened to me once again today. Working in the kitchen....all kinds of light fixtures....left me without turning on a single one of them. Depends on my mood, sometimes I'll just hit every switch I find other times I just use my flashlights. But each time I wonder if they are just too cheap to turn on lights or just plain nuts. Even the nice ones that ask after showing you an appliance in a pitch black room  "do you need light?" makes me want to say something like..."yeah, unless you got a glow in the f'ng dark oven."

#11 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Or better yet, "Oh that light's burnt out..."  ok... I'll wait while you fix it, the clock is ticking after all...  :banana:

#12 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yea it's crazy.  I tell them I have a vision problem, Can't see so good  without lots of light.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#13 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Near the end of my tenure with Maytag Factory Service, Maytag was so desperate to find extra ways to generate add on sales we were replacing smoke detector batteries in the customers houses. I'm surprised they also didn't want us to replace burned out light bulbs as well.

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics