Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tars

Whirlpool Refer et1chexvb04

4 posts in this topic

While the compressor is running this unit pulsated as it turn of and and as the relay on the adaptive defrost clicks. I replaced the adaptive defrost and all was good for 5 days. Not sure what is causing this and no one has heard of this. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

What do you mean by turns off? Is it only the compressor or are the evap and condenser fans turning off as well? How is your power source? Is the fridge on a separate non-gfi circuit? Are these the same symptoms before replacing the adc? If the fans are turning off, try bypassing the cold control.  Also disconnect the icemaker as I've had an older fridge that had a strange power problem due to a bad icemaker.

I agree.  Shorted heater in icemaker causes a few different voltage issues.  Also check defrost heater and bimetal for shorts.  Check for any black discoloration of the copper tubing near the compressor.  Had a lot of crazy voltage issues on refrigerators a few years ago due to sulphur degredation from guess what?  Chinese drywall.

thanks for the reply guys. i will check the ice maker.