Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Thurliss

Question about AC replacement

4 posts in this topic

Told today that need to replace my 22 year old,  Lennox H 519651U-22 AC unit  for about $4000.  Does this sound reasonable, and is there a better unit than a Lennox at the same price or cheaper. I aggree the coil is shot and it won't hold refrigerant at this age and needs replacing. I just want to make sure to put in the best unit for the money. I am in my 60's so this most likely will be the last unit I need.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Lennox is ok, Carrier is pretty reliable too.

Thanks so much, am having someone come out tomorrow and give an estimate - and they install carrier.  As an older lady am a target for dishonest repair folks, and having you all help has been a wonderful.

you must not be in South Florida, typical age for a A/C system is 8-12 years depending how close you are to the beach

Ahh-Cool A/C