Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Dishwasher GLD4200L00BB Inadequate Water

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

I have a GE dishwasher I was working on and low and behold, someone took the dang tech sheet. Short story is it is not filling all the way, not even enough water to prime the pump. I finally figured out how to get it in diagnostic mode and actuated the water valve. It took two cycles of the water valve test to put enough water in the dishwasher to run the pump. The water valve ran for approx. 41 seconds. There seems to be proper water pressure coming out of the port hole and the float switch is definitely working. My thought is the control board, but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and what they came up with.

Also if you have a tech sheet for this model you would not mind sharing, that would be great.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

I have a GE dishwasher I was working on and low and behold, someone took the dang tech sheet. 

Dang, busted!  Okay, here, you can have it back: http://appliantology...her-minimanual/

I don't see how you could have figured out how to put it in diagnostic mode without the tech sheet!  It's only marginally helpful, no cycle times, but does give the key dance for diagnostic mode and water fill level.  

There was a service bulletin out on these models where the plastic mold flashing in the float valve would either prevent or interfere with the water fill.  After voltage stops to the water inlet valve, put your meter on the pink wire at the float switch to see if it's still there.  If so, then you know the float is prematurely interrupting the voltage to the valve.  

If all that checks out, then it's much more likely you need to replace the water inlet valve.  

#3 BEdwards

BEdwards

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Dang, busted!  Okay, here, you can have it back: http://appliantology...her-minimanual/

I don't see how you could have figured out how to put it in diagnostic mode without the tech sheet!  It's only marginally helpful, no cycle times, but does give the key dance for diagnostic mode and water fill level.  

There was a service bulletin out on these models where the plastic mold flashing in the float valve would either prevent or interfere with the water fill.  After voltage stops to the water inlet valve, put your meter on the pink wire at the float switch to see if it's still there.  If so, then you know the float is prematurely interrupting the voltage to the valve.  

If all that checks out, then it's much more likely you need to replace the water inlet valve.  

It was just by pure luck. Just started pressing combinations of keys and holding for a few seconds. Thank you so much for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics