Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher Paykel washing machine gwl10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trip

trip

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

my fisher paykel washing machine is turning off during the spin cycle and makes slight burning smell.  I can't bear to call out the only repair facility in my area since last time I had a bad diverter valve and could clearly see the problem they were not used to working on these machine.  they insisted on installing new pumps twice before trying a diverter valve which they installed incorrectly, when I told them they installed it wrong they told me I didn't know what i was talking about.  when it still didn't work they said they would send someone out in another week (forth visit) as soon as they left my son who is a mechanic put the diverter in the correct way and it worked fine for a year.  I must say I am not happy to be stuck repairing this thing again I have only had it for 3-4 years.  Any ideas on what it could be.  I am hoping it is not the motor since they seem pretty expensive.  My son doesn't think so said DC motors rarely fail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can't believe I am dragging out my ancient hotpoint washer again!!!!!!

thanks for any help

T:(

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

Hello, my burning-smell friend.  A logical way to begin your troubleshooting hajj is to run the machine in diagnostic mode, step-by-step.  The service sheet inside the control panel explains how to put the machine into diagnostic mode.  From there, each unit operation, fill, agitate, pumpout, spin, and so on, can be initiated manually and monitored.  Do this and share with us your findings.

Allahu Akbar!

#3 prm1

prm1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:54 AM

Hi,

I'm having the same problem... I have a Fisher and Paykel smart drive 9 and it's powering off after attempting a rinse or spin. It seems to surge for a minute as though it's attempting to expel water and seems blocked, then getting a slight burning smell... Have switched to diagnostic mode, and getting:

0 1 0 1 0 1 1

Have noticed diagnostics in other threads have 8 digits, and have noticed my machine has a hidden light at the start (That is off), so perhaps diagnostic code is:

0 0 1 0 1 0 1 1

I've removed the pump, and it seems clear so doesn't seem to be blocked. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics