Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 26' Side by Side

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dsarkis

dsarkis

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Good morning Appliance Guru.  A few years ago you helped me replace my dishwasher motor assembly and it continues to work like a champ!  Now my fridge needs help.  My refrigerator is a Kenmore 26' Dispenser Side by Side (Model #596.50699001) .  Recently the face of the center support on the front of the fridge that divides the freezer section from the fridge section has been getting hot.  Upon investigation, it seems that the cooling fan in the lower back of the fridge is not turning on when it should.  It does run - after a gentle tap it starts to spin just fine.  But somewhere from the time it turns itself off to the time it is supposed to start again it falls asleep on the job.

Hopefully this is a simple fix and won't require too many beers to complete.  We are getting ready to sell the house, and I don't want to have to provide the new homeowners with a brand new fridge if I don't have to.  Thanks in advance!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

... front of the fridge that divides the freezer section from the fridge section has been getting hot. 
  ... cooling fan in the lower back of the fridge is not turning on when it should.  It does run - after a gentle tap it starts

1) Condenser Fan not working
2) bad Condenser Fan Motor

http://www.repaircli...tor/833697/2790

Condenser-Fan-Motor-833697-00814651.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 MicaBay

MicaBay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Be careful around all the copper tubing in the back there while changing that fan out. It is apart of the sealed system, and if you happen to puncture or break it, you'll be shopping for a new fridge. Goo like!

#4 dsarkis

dsarkis

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Thanks everyone.  Is there a link to an online video showing this replacement?  When I changed my dishwasher motor I found the video more helpful than the printed instructions.

#5 dsarkis

dsarkis

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Video???

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Condenser Fan Motor # 331

P0010607-00012.png

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

This is pretty much a plug n chug job, just unscrew the fan blade, remove three screws that hold in the old motor, clip the wire harness, install the new motor in reverse order and splice in your new power connections. Done and done. Worst part is getting all that condenser lint up your schnozzola. Makes for fun pickings later on.

#8 dsarkis

dsarkis

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:17 AM

Thanks!  Got it fixed just fine. Running like a champ!!

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Good job!   :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics