Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RTEXASS13

Maytag fridge msd2454grw icemaker problem

5 posts in this topic

Ok I have put three new icemaker on this fridge. The problem I have is it won't put water in .. I have replaced both water valves. And still no water. Changed wire harness from ice maker to connector I have continuty from harnes to water valves. Freezer temp is 3 degrees. I jump wire from T to H on modules and it rotates. It will not energize water valve. Then if I leave wire in as it rotates water will come into ice maker. Take jumper out after 3 seconds it rotates and will not put water in. Let water freez and it goes into harvest and still no water. Any one ever run into this problem

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The tan wire on your wire harness that acts as the neutral for I/m valve solenoids ties into the icemaker and the fountain control board.  Provided none of coils are shorted to ground and have already replaced the icemaker it looks like a bad fountain control board p/n 61005274.  Maytag has some issues with these fountain assys a few years ago.

I agree...

does the fountain water dispenser have problems, also  ?

No it works But puts water in very slowly Thanks for the help. Will try fountain control board. Thanks will let you know how it worked

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0