Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
jhinkens

Dacor Range Touch Pad Acting Up

5 posts in this topic

I've got a Dacor Epicure Oven/Range Model # ERDE48.  This is the free-standing, dual convection oven model.

Recently the touch pad control panel has been acting up which has resulted in the ovens being inoperable. When either of the oven buttions are depressed, the temperature setting begins to display and increases rapidly on its own. Pressing the increase or decrease buttons doesn't do anything when this is happening. Within a few seconds the temperature setting will max out at which point nothing happens.

Here's a short video showing the problem:  http://youtu.be/QBW--Fzvv24

I've read on other sites that sometimes a button can be stuck in the 'on' position.  If this is the case, I can tell which button is the culprit.

In the event it's a bad control panel, where can I find a replacement.  Since this model of  Dacor is discontinued, I'm hopeful I can get the parts I need.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Joe

post-83242-0-68668500-1368232183_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Part number: 62310

Part number: 62310

that would seem to be a stuck + key

post-2247-0-59548900-1368235585_thumb.jp

OK. I guess I'll order one up. Can anyone point me to some instructions for replacing the touch pad?

Thanks

Joe

De-energize unit.  Remove valve knobs and bezels. Remove fascia mounting screws from bottom lip.  Carefully lift fascia up and out but just a few inches.  Disconnect wires from oven control.  Lay fascia face down on a protected surface.  Disconnect touch control ribbon from oven control.  Remove eight 5/16 nuts from control mounting pegs.  Remove control and spacers and set aside.  Remove touch control from pegs and install new part.  Reassemble and re-energize.  Check operation of all keys. 

Thanks Pduff!

The new panel is on its way. I'll give it a go as soon as it arrives.