Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Budget Appliance Repair

KitchenAid SxS Mod# KSRA25FKSS00 Defrost problem / ?Jazz Board

6 posts in this topic

Kitchen-Aid SxS Refrig

Mod# KSRA25FKSS00

Ser# SL4053047 (Oct.2001)

Need to know if these are all symptoms of a bad main control board, (looks almost exactly like the Jazz Board in the Maytag that been being talked about how to remove control console).

Problem was refrig section warm, found evaporator plugged with ice.  Checked defrost terminator and heater all OK didn't know how to put into defrost at first visit, (techsheet was missing).  Defrosted the evaporator and came back the next day with tech info and put into defrost manually with diagnostic test mode.

Defrost came on but did not turn off after 5 minutes and start the pulsed operation-off 60 seconds off and 120 seconds on for 25 minutes  or until defrost terminator opens.  Defrost heater stayed on continuously for 17 minutes then shut down only when the defrost terminator opened.

Also the refrig temp setting seems to be changing by itself, after plugging back in and turning on setting controls at 0 freezer & 35 refrig it would start up running and run for maybe 2 or 3 minutes then you would hear the fans all shut down and compressor all shut down like a power failure but temp displays didn't shut off but refrig temp changes to 34 and it restarts.  I've actually seen it do this 3 or 4 times while I was there each time just after a restart after being unplugged or just shut off by the power button.

Is the no defrost in normal operation but working OK when initiated thru diagnostic classic symptoms of a bad Jazz style controller board?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes

Site unseen and without looking at a diagram I would have lost that bet.  That is,  it's a Jazz board in a 2001 Kitchenaid. I've done so many jazz board replacements  I probably have done one without being cognizant of the manufactured year. But it's  way before Whirlpool acquired Maytag and must have been a first generation Jazz board. Amazed the board lasted this long unless replaced earlier, which may explain missing tech sheet

No, it's the original board, it had the 2001 dates on the board manufacture date stamps.

This is the first Jazz board style that I've ever ran into with a problem, (never had to change a Maytag one yet).

Thanks guys!!!

This is the first Jazz board style that I've ever ran into with a problem, (never had to change a Maytag one yet).

After saying that, watch what happens.....upcoming onslaught.  You'd better stock up on them now !