Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexM

Electric Dryer, Admiral Model# AED4475TQ1, Intermittent Heat?

7 posts in this topic

This Electric dryer has intermittent heat, the heating element tested about 34 Ohms and does produce heat.  I've tore the machine down and cleaned everything, it was very clean inside with minimal lint at blower wheel.  All limits and thermistats checked good.  I put the machine back together and then there was no heat.  Can an element start to fail over a long period of time, I always thought they grounded out or arced open?  Could it be the switch in the motor?

Does anyone have the wiring diagram?

post-71964-0-91086700-1368275918_thumb.j

post-71964-0-61599300-1368275932_thumb.j

Edited by DurhamAppliance
corrected model number in topic

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

could possibly the model number be AED4475TQ1?

if so here is a thread that may be useful...note the statement regarding timer failures due to broken, burnt or dirty contacts on this and similar models http://appliantology.org/topic/36511-admiral-dryer-aed4475tq1/?hl=%2Badmiral+%2Bdryer

To rule out element, check for 240 and see if one leg is missing or drops out. Particularly after moving the timer to different setting. You can also,trace back to where the leg dies.

Yes the Correct Model# is: AED4475TQ1

I read the attached post and I can see some similarites with the exception of this one runs and heats sometimes.  Any thoughts?   Order a timer and a heat element?

Are you able to catch it when it's not heating?  If so, check to see if your element is getting proper voltage. I'm reluctant to say your element is bad.

good idea, I should have done that when I was there...shucks, I will head back out and check for that.

You're getting 34 ohms on the element?  I'm pretty sure you should only have around 10-12 ohms, recheck and look for any breaks in the element that maybe touched and welded itself back together.

Also if the element is for sure OK, make sure you get that one tab that is loose back into it's slot and twisted so that it won't come out and let the element support plate move around.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0