Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Dishwasher Model# PDW9280N00SS, Possible Touch Pad or Control Board?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

This GE Dishwasher has a standing water in the bottom and will not run. The control lights are on, but I can't get them to work or start the machine. 

This is a list of the things that I checked so far:

1. Latch micro switch O.K.

2. Float switch O.K.

3. Motor runs with 120vac applied.

4. Checked power at outlet and junction box, good polarity ect. O.K. 

Is there a fuse or something that i need to check? and how would I go about testing the control board or keypad?  I don't really want to order both and start changing parts till it works, expensive and not real fun.  Does anybody have a tech sheet on this unit?  Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

http://appliantology...service-manual/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

See if you're getting 120vac clear up to the control module.  If you are, then replace the control module.  Done and done, in the sun.    :beach:

#4 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

This DW controls light up, but do not operate, there is standing water at the bottom and I checked;

1. Latch switch-OK

2. Float switch -OK

3. Motor runs with 120vac applied

4. Controls light up, but do not respond

5. Unit doesn't run

I didn't have a wireing diagram, is there a thermal fuse or something I'm overlooking?  How can i check if its the control board or the touch pad?

Thanks

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

See if it will go into diagnostic mode using the confidential and proprietary diagnostic mode manual:  http://appliantology...c-modes-manual/

If it does, then the keypad is fine.  Replace the control module:  http://www.repaircli...1X10370/1472734

#6 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I will cut to the chase, I couldn't figure out how to test for voltage, so I started with a new touch pad, didn't work.  Then i put in a new main board, still didn't work. I just got home and read in the manual about the 'Factory Test Mode' and the 'Factory Calibration', are they the same thing and is this why I couldn't get the unit to run?  The controls seamed responsive to the touch, I just couldn't get it running...

If not this calibration, could it be a bad Transorb?  (Im not total clear on what the Transorb does?)

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

I will cut to the chase, I couldn't figure out how to test for voltage, so I started with a new touch pad, didn't work.  Then i put in a new main board, still didn't work.

Well, that narrows it down quite a bit!  

Bad transorbs will typically trip the circuit breaker because L1 and neutral get tied together through the defective transorb.  The PDW7000 series had them, but I couldn't find one listed in the parts for your model.  More info on the transorb here:  http://fixitnow.com/...ircuit-breaker/

Factory test mode lets you test aspects of the dishwasher's functionality.  Factory calibration runs a calibration on things like temperature and turbidity sensors.  

At this point, you just want to put the unit into what's called "Service Mode" (same as factory test mode) on the tech sheet.  Do you have the tech sheet?  If not, you can borrow mine:  http://appliantology...er-mini-manual/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics