Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Thurliss

Samsung Dryer froze up

8 posts in this topic

My Samsung Dryer is about 5 years old, and the other day the dryer drum suddenly stopped and is completely froze up, and of course the extended warranty is long gone. The drum is completly froze and cannot be turned no matter what.  What could possibley be the problem and what should I expect when a repair person comes out?  Is this usually and expensive fix? Can it be fixed? or is it best just to get a new unit?

It is disappointing as i usually dry 3 loads a week if that much. the heaviest clothes is an occasional comforter or a couple pair of jeans. 

My mothers Maytag dryer was bought about a year before I was born and still going, ( I am 60 ) , after raising a family on a farm,  the only thing wrong with it is the door latch is touchy so you have to make sure it is closed good.  They sure don't make them like that anymore.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Look inside and see if the drum has a crack near the front or rear edge. If so, it snags the drum roller and stops dead. In this case, you would need at least a new drum, roller, and belt.

2 people like this

remove the lint filter and get a flash lite and see if you can see the sock jamming your blower wheel...

Illustration of what Brother Nick is talking about, Maytag dryer made by Samsung:

3 people like this

a model number may help

Remove dead? snake from blower.

2 people like this

lol let's not hope it's a critter.....I won't remove a dead nothin' nor a live one for that matter. ...but I'm real good at pointing.

1 person likes this

but I'm real good at pointing.

... and screaming? ...

3 people like this