Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

WMFISHINGFOOL

KENMORE 11070912990

19 posts in this topic

have a kenmore 90 series mod# 110.70912990, have changed out hi temp, cycling, thermal fuse(just for the heck of it), and dryness board.  and dryer still fails to get to temp.(on timed dry high heat)  entire blower clear and clean running with and without rear duct attatched.  with a help of another tech he kind of told me how to jump the timer.  he said to jump red and black wires.  when i did so, got a couple clicks but dryer didnt turn on.  relpalced those wires, and remembered a whirlpool i was working on where i was told to jump the white and tan wires, so out of curiosity it jumped those on this dryer and viola, dryer is heating and cycling on and of as its suppossed to.  does this mean the timer is bad?  new to bussiness so not sure but i think thats what it sounds like.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

yes but am very new to this biz (9 months)  so not exactly sure what all symbols mean yet.  what am i looking for?

then why is all working properly with tan and white jumped?

I don't know..
loose connection somewhere else ?
Try removing that jumper ..

sluggish Gas Valve Coils ?
(common problem)
when the Dryer should be heating, but isn't,
observe the Ignitor..
Is it glowing ?

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=3479

Gas-Valve-Solenoid-279834-00928758.jpg

replaced coils so thats all good.  did switch timer wit another.  guess loose connections makes sense.  have wet load in now so will remove jumper and let  u know,

lint build-up in the Motor Centrifugal Switch ?
or the Flame Sensor Switch

although:

... he said to jump red and black wires. when i did so, got a couple clicks but dryer didnt turn on.

that would be the Gas Valve Coils clicking,
but not working ... would seem to be bad Coils
OR a bad Gas Valve assembly
Has this Dryer worked OK up till now,
OR has it been in storage for any time ?

ok if i jumped the red and black yesterday and all i got was 2 clicks but no lift off, and that is supposed to bypass timer, if i jump red and black now should dryer operate?

maybe,

also read my edited post above

been sitting in my garage  one of my mystery dryer problems.  but had same issue when i first aquired it. 

have wet load in dryer with replacement timer, and timer connected properly, is, so far, heating to temp.  only difference is i took tan, white and grey out of 3way harnness and connected individualy, could that have something to do with it?  but like u said tan and white only deal with buzzer?  am very confussed!!

... been sitting in my garage 

how long ?

bout 5 months. 

if the "rubber cap" wasn't re-installed on the Gas Line Pipe input,

bugs and / or moisture may have entered and clogged or rusted the inside of the Gas Valve ..

i thought that too.  but update.  took jumper off like suggested, the second timer i had installed worked fine with jumper off (not like last night!!)  so curiosity got to me and installed original timer wit no jumper and am testing now.  any ideas?

Samurai Appliance Repair Man, on 13 May 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

That's the name o' da game, mah bruvah!

a game much like football.....

on defense...run to where the ball is

on offense....run to where the other folks aint

ok figured it out.  first timer bad,  second timer good but with out 3way harness on grey, tan, and white side.  must be that it is not making correct contact.  so just put terminals in one by one.  4 loads and going working as supposed to.  thank you gents for ur input....  but still not sure how to check voltage as suggested.  any tips for rookie.  am very comfortable with electricity but just not had anyone to walk me through it step by step and exactly where to put multi meter leads.  thanks again...