Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

AzJazz

Trying to remove ice maker from Kenmore 59673503201

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to remove the ice maker from my Kenmore Elite 59673503201 refrigerator. I was following this video: http://youtu.be/_6xfzzeEWyw

However, after removing the single 1/4" retaining screw, I can't seem to get the ice maker to budge. It seems to be in really tight - like there is another screw or something keeping the ice maker from detaching from the clips.

Am I missing something? Or, do I need to get a crow-bar?

AzJazz

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did you put your inspection  mirror to see if you actually have clips or 1/4 inch screws attaching the Ice maker to the fridge?  If you don't have an inspection  mirror, use your camera phone in mirror mode or video mode  to inpsect or like me, eat one less biscuit for breakfast and squeeze in the freezer to take a look.

1 person likes this

Should have one 1/4 leveling screw on bottom bracket and two 1/4 screws securing upper mold to freezer wall.  Loosen the upper screws and lift icemaker up and away from wall.  Note:  The rear upper screw may be impeded by the wire harness fuse clip.  Just remove screw completely and disconnect wire harness at plug.

2 people like this

yeah, the video you linked showed the Icemaker being held by clips. A few models use that method The majority uses 1/4 inch screws instead of clips. I don't remember but the video is lacking if it did not point this out.

Thanks, guys! The mirror app did the trick, and I saw that there were additional screws that were not previously visible. Looks like I may have to yank out the racks first now.

I appreciate the help!

AzJazz

I have to go look at one today, thanks this should help.

I have to go look at one today, thanks this should help.

This is why I like these forums.  You can always search and see other tech's/DIYers problems and solutions. Learning from others mistakes, rather than just learning from your own.

1 person likes this