Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool(Jenn-Air) oven door hinges jammed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skintdigit

skintdigit

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone have a tip to help me remove the door and hinges on a Jenn Air oven. They are the hinges with the flip-down spring-holder lever. In this case, door will not close properly and the hinge flip levers are wedged about 3/4" out from the fully closed position. The hinges themselves and the door (of course) are also not in position and the door will not close. Have tried tapping the levers in to no avail, looks like the hinges are not seated in place. Not sure what caused the problem, perhaps overextension of the door? Hinges are wedged tight, have already tried the lift and wiggle move...

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Might try opening door to it's fullest extent and carefully push down on the door.  If you can those hinge arms close enough together you might be able to latch the levers in place.  If not try flex ties on both hinges to take the place of the levers.  Then try the lift and wiggle move.

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

a Jenn Air oven.

model number ?

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics