I just did my first bearing kit replacement on a identical machine. I came away with multiple questions:
1. the gasket is glued and greased in, does the grease make a water seal next to the spindle and then the glue makes a water seal on the outside?
2. I tightned the axel nut and then it bound the bearings making it difficult to turn, I backed it off in tell it didn't bind anymore, too loose? will that back off and fall off?
3. When I was all complete I went to put it into manual spin mode, but couldn't get it to work, the lid lock sequence didn't work for me, and it said it needed water. Is there a easy way to get this to spin fast to test the bearings without putting it through a wash cycle?
4. Should I be using locktight on the 1/4" hex bolt that holds on the rotor? anytime I pull a rotor off?
5. It took me over three hours to do my first one, what is a realistic for how long this would take an experienced tech?