Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Appliantology Dreaming

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Recent dreams of an Appliantologist:

1)     Repairing the same dishwasher, over and over and over again.  (Caught in a loop)

2)     Explaining to an older lady how to operate her new top load vertical modular washer.  "I've been doing laundry for 600 years yada yada....."  (Take it easy, Methuselah)

3)     Trying to install/replace some strange, unknown part on a refrigerator.  (Flux capacitor)

4)     GE giving away free defrost heaters to all of their customers at Christmas.  (I know it was Christmas because I was wearing a Santa Clause suit while de-icing an evaporator)

Lord have mercy.......Time to find a stronger sleep aid.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,404 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sounds more like nightmares!

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Was gonna slip that in but was still sufferin PTSD.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,404 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Well I just came from a living nightmare.....Kenmore bottom mount, french doors...Utah board....lots of ice...when I say lots of ice, I mean lots of ice, 4 inches or more thick covering the freezer baskets and evap. Freezer doors have been left open on many occasions. But at first I thought defrost problem...could not put that  #*#$& utah board into diagnostic mode...I danced with those keys for seemingly hours....I hate those things....so instead, I steamed and steamed ...ice cream, yogurt, fruit and vegetables lodged in the ice like fossils from a different era. Crap is everywhere....finally get to the evap cover....removed it  lots of frost and ice...ice was very thick, especially around the fan and top of evap. Then all of a sudden, the fridge cut off and the heater turned on. Eureka! Defrost not a problem, it was caused by ambient air and the rime ice blocked defrost drainage causing clear ice to form.

So I started steaming, and using hot water....by now I'm covered with vanilla Ice cream, bean juice and water. Finally finished.steaming...I mean finally as in I seriously just got home right before posting this message.  But before I left,  I like to check temps just in case there is another issue....Temps dropped rapidly until it got around 29 degrees. Then it wouldn't budge....took back panel off again and top two lines heavily frosted...others..nothing.   Maybe I didn't give it enough time...put cover back on, closed door, waited another 20 minutes....same.thing. By now I'm so tired and hungry I contemplated eating the vanilla ice cream coating my shirt and licking the bean juice off my pants.  On top of it, this was some sort of  group home or something, and everybody left....so did I.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Actually your in the TWILIGHT ZONE by Rod Stewart.   He's making a comeback & needs you.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Last call of the day, I expect.  Had the same thing with a TFX25.  Seasonal residence, owners gone 6 months out of the year.  Blocked defrost drain had ice a foot thick in freezer bottom.  Removed upper hinge, disconnected water line, Hulked out and yanked door off.  Fortunately no damage but took forever to disassemble and deice.  Nightmare indeed.  As Dante read when entering the gates of Hell, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

#7 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

It's always the last call of the day, typically a Friday that's the doozy.  Like an outer tub job on a front load washer,or a compressor replacement, and always when you have somewhere to go after work so you have to take a shower when you get home.

Edited by Scottthewolf, 16 May 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Scott Wolf

#8 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Try replacing the rear bulkhead, plus seals, bearing, coils, ect.., on a dryer in a little 2nd floor laundry room. It took over 3 hours and really killed the knees, back, and brain.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#9 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yep.  And it seems to be those kind of calls where the customer (God bless 'em) want to sit in your lap and watch, like they are going to learn to repair it next time.

#10 tonytech81

tonytech81

Ikkō-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lime @ cold Tea

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

yea or you got them breathing on your neck smelling there booty breath or breathing in your ear dammm get away

#11 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

"I'm sorry Ma'am, you have some possum fur stuck in your teeth, let me get that for you" (grabbing screwdriver).

#12 tonytech81

tonytech81

Ikkō-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

some time u get a costumer that there breath smell like they have suck a booty for 3 days in a roll and haven't brush there mouth OMGGGGGG u face starts to melt you want to tell them here is some tic tacs let me work don't talk to me

#13 tonytech81

tonytech81

Ikkō-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

people are crazy but got to love the job  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics