Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchen aid Dishwahser guru needed, stops in mid cycle and blinks KUDT03FTSS0

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Mod KUDT03FTSS0, SER FU3411753. kitchen Aid dishwasher stops in mid cycle and the " start resume " light flashes steadily. If you hit start it will continue through the cycle. I am going behind 2 other companys. They have replaced the key pad, thermal fuse, door latch and switch. The control board has been replaced 3 times. The heater tested at about 7 amps wile heating, pump is clean and clear, all else seams normal.

Any ideas? I was thinking temp sensor.
www.mrappliance.com/wilmington

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think you're dealing with a latch issue, Brother bimbobbway.  Some of those Kitchanaid d/w's had some shipping and warehouse issues.  Probably the way they were stacked eight high in the warehouse.  Don't bother replacing the latch if it's already been done.  Don't bother replacing the hinges either.  A new tub seal will only make it worse.  Try leveling the unit any way possible to make door close and stay closed during wash.  I think the fix on some of those was to replace the tub.

#3 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I agree with PDuff. I had one of these lately, except my door would actually pop open during run. Latch had already been replaced by another company. I replaced the latch again, more or less because I wasn't entirely sure the latch had been replaced. (No paperwork from other company. Two identical dishwashers. Unsure homeowner.) I also pulled the old door seal, cleaned, and reseated it, checked the racks for bowing, made the minutest of adjustments to the latch catch and those racks. And all of the sudden, all was fine. I kinda felt like the door seal was binding the door ever so slightly at the hinge point. I never really nailed it down. But its been two months and no call back yet. Maybe you have a similar problem, just your door isnt actually popping open, just breaking the circuit?

#4 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Aaaa yes thanks! I think you might be correct. I ran in to one a few years back and could se the tub bow out on the sides. I have one of these in my junk pile. I'm going to measure it in a few places go back out and compare it with hers.

#5 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Don't bother replacing the hinges either. 

A 2007 model, what has changed as this unit has aged? I HAVE seen where the hinges have been damaged over the years, weight on the door, kids, etc... The tub could be bowed, but why after so many years?

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Door Latch:  http://www.repaircli...ber=KUDT03FTSS0

Door-Latch-W10404412-01045934.jpg

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Good question, Brother Chat, and I am not knowing an answer.  Replaced tubs under first year warranty for this problem.  Can't remember if there was a pointer or an update or if it was discussed in training.  K/A hinges can get hyperextended for all the reasons you said and that is visible from the angle of the open door.  As far as years later the tub or tub support frame being the problem, it happens for reasons unknown.

#8 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

I seem to remember there being a upgrade doorlatch that had a stronger spring. Anybody happened at know the part number for it?

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

New and improved door latch assembly linked in my preceding post.   :turned:

#10 bimbbobway

bimbbobway

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

I installed the new door latch. The dishwasher still mysteriously stops. When it stops all the lights go out for about three minutes. Then the lights come back on and the " start resume " lite blinks. I made myself comfortable and acquired a cup of Joe. It's too early in the morning for beer. I held my hand lightly on the dishwasher door latch and ran it through an entire cycle. Finally it stopped again for no reason, I was not able to notice any abnormalities with the door latch. So I started suspecting something was causing it to lose power. I replaced the wire nuts on the main power supply, replace the thermal fuse on the control board. And check all other connectors and various wiring. I ran it through another cycle and it completed with no issues. I ran it again and left the house the customer called me back and said it completed the cycle just fine. Time will tell if it's truly fixed thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics