Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn Air Cooktop CVE4370B

Recepticle block Service manual

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Recepticle block shorted from grease spill.    Would like a service manual and whatever help to get the old one out.  Trying to figure out how it comes apart.   Also replacement block from RC is wider than original, what do I have to do to make it fit in sealed assembly.  Cut a bigger slot?

Edited by Patricio, 16 May 2013 - 09:12 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Anybody with any experience with this particular model?   Receptacle Terminal block is toast,  Customer ordered new block & cartridge from Repair Clinic.  Block is wider than original   & how it comes apart looks rather tedious.  Would like a wiring diagram also.  

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

...  Customer ordered new block & cartridge from Repair Clinic.

part numbers ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Did not give them to me but the new cartridge fit both receptacles.   Regardless if the block is the same I gotta figure how to get it apart.  Started removing screws,  the thing is put together tight.  Looks like everything has to come apart on it both sides of the cook top.

IgonFishn

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Moved from Appliance Service Manual Request forum to the Kitchen Forum.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

You might need a helper on this one Brother Patricio.  Gonna have to pull that cooktop out of counter.  Disconnect exhaust hose from blower.  Check if cooktop is anchored by mounting bolts.  Should have enough pigtail to lift unit out of counter enough to expose burner box.  Be mindful of the grease jar.  Remove screws from cooktop frame outer and inner flange.  Remove frame.  Ceramic receptacle block should be accessable at that point.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Wise words, Brother PDuff!

The other butt biter on these Jenn-Air terminal jobs is making sure you have the right wire replacement for the affected side.  The ceramic terminal block itself almost never needs replacing-- it's those spaded wires inside the terminal block that burn up, and generally only one of those.  They make two different lengths for each wire color corresponding to which side has the affected terminal block.  Looks like RC has a full selection here:  http://www.repaircli...Connector-Parts

#8 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Depending if you got skinny fingers, Remove the screws to the pan, it should drop down just enough to weasel the block out..............it is held in by a bracket that is removed quite easily, just do not drop it........As The Grand Master has stated the blocks, if ever, break, it is the contacts in the block the are damaged.............If you look at the prong on the element or cartridge you will see that the prong itself is burnt or pitted.............Change the prong if it is a cartridge and/or get a new element.....Filing the prong only prolongs the inevitable , it will burn/pit soon....................I carry  a box with a terminal block, prongs and terminals in the service van..( a lot of Jenn-Airs in this neck  of the woods).. once you get it apart it is nice to have extra parts on hand..........You can order just the terminals if you want cuz it is difficult to replace the complete wire.......You can also use the new terminal with the wire, just cut out the old damaged wire/ terminal  and cut the new wire length to match, solder and double heat shrink the connection.....( the terminal is removed from the prong insertion end of the terminal block )...... ..........If you cannot drop the pan just enough, lift the cook top straight up and slip two pieces of wood,  about 30 inch in length for the cook top to rest on ( furring strips  I carry )................plus another piece of wood  1 1/2" by 1 1/2"  by  8 inches long to prop up the top from the pan..........

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Mega domos for the detailed destructions, Brother CTG!  

#10 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Concur with Brother ctg.  Note for tool box:  Get a guy with small hands to ride along.

#11 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

This guy is for hire

tiny-bodybuilder.jpgtiny-person-on-board-yellow-2011.jpg

you will also need this sign for safety reasons    Can you tell I'm not busy today?

Edited by SANTA, 17 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#12 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

The dude works offshore so I had to wait on him to come back to to land.

part numbers ?

Y708730 for the block & JEA7000ADS for the cartridge assb.

:unsure: I carry  a box with a terminal block, prongs and terminals in the service van..( a lot of Jenn-Airs in this neck  of the woods).. once you get it apart it is nice to have extra parts on hand..........You can order just the terminals if you want cuz it is difficult to replace the complete wire.......You can also use the new terminal with the wire, just cut out the old damaged wire/ terminal  and cut the new wire length to match, solder and double heat shrink the connection.....( the terminal is removed from the prong insertion end of the terminal block )...... :ermm: 

Can't seem to find just the terminals & prongs to order, just individual wires.   Where can I foind these parts more specefically.   The dude wants it done & is willing to spend the bucks for the labor.

Pan is to get the stove p on blocks & get it apart to get a good look at the wiring.   the unit is greasy as a skined bear so I have to contend with that.

Still would like a wiring sheet or something, The right side has only one burner working he says & wants me to OK the wiring.  Gracious people

IgonFishn

#13 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

CVE4370B

Parts List & Wiring Diagram

http://appliantology...ve4370b-ddraft/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics