Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
sawilder

How to take apart my fridge

6 posts in this topic

Hello - I'm new here, and I need to know how to take apart my freezer drawer so I can access the freezer panel in the back.  [My frige is leaking, so my first guess is a plugged drain] 

I have a Whirlpool GI7FVCXWQ01 - freezer drawer is on the bottom.  Is there an accessible manual that shows how to do this?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

How do you take the freezer drawer out?

see the middle of left column on page # 2-4

I have found using a really long flat head screw driver makes removing and reinstalling the basket a breeze. After you take the front screws out, sometimes the tab on the other end of the bracket that slides into a slot in the freezer wall is glued to insulation inside the slot.

So if you are working on the left bracket, with the screwdriver in your right hand, reach through the basket and use the screw driver to pry open the slot and unstick the tab. Press on the tab, move the front end of the bracket a few inches to the right and pull .

To reinstall, begin to slide the bracket in place and while using the screwdriver at a 90 degree angle against the tab, press the tab in so it slips into the slot (or crack between wall and evap panel on some models. A trick keenly discovered by the Samurai ) . A screwdriver 18 inches or longer is best.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk so errors be damned