Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
alamo3

ge oven/micro combo dead oven model JKP64G0P4BG

3 posts in this topic

lady set her oven for self clean (most destuctive force on the planet) after dinner ,went onto bed and was awoke in the night with what sounded like a big rock or a bird striking her kitchen window. went in and the only thing she found out of ordinary was her oven board was completely dead(no lights or numbers). she went to open the door but it was still locked tried all buttons on touchpad no response or beeps, checked the breaker to oven and it was still on. i have pried the door open by manually moving the latch/lock enough manually (thank you hooked needle nose) to get door open, but still no response to cancel, bake or any buttons on touchpad almost like no power. turned off breaker for about a minute and reflipped hoping to clear it and reestablish power still dead. do i need to order a new board and is it available by itself as the contol panel is one big panel for both the microwave and the oven. the microwave still works great no problem there but lower half(oven part) of contol board is dead as a doornail. help appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

From what I can tell, there are several fuses in your oven....Test them all and make sure to .check to see if there is an inline fuse connected to the control board. I just did a wall oven kitchenaid that blew a thermal fuse as well as an inline control board fuse...of course it happened after the self clean cycle. The inline fuse was not represented on the wiring diagram but I knew it had to be one as no power was going to the board and the thermal fuse was connected only to the bake/broil elements.

Don't have the wiring diagram on this model.  I do see two thermal switches on the lower oven vent.  I'll expect one of those bimetals have opened.  May or may not resettable.  Should be able to access switches by removing center vent cover.