Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ge oven/micro combo dead oven model JKP64G0P4BG

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alamo3

alamo3

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coke zero

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

lady set her oven for self clean (most destuctive force on the planet) after dinner ,went onto bed and was awoke in the night with what sounded like a big rock or a bird striking her kitchen window. went in and the only thing she found out of ordinary was her oven board was completely dead(no lights or numbers). she went to open the door but it was still locked tried all buttons on touchpad no response or beeps, checked the breaker to oven and it was still on. i have pried the door open by manually moving the latch/lock enough manually (thank you hooked needle nose) to get door open, but still no response to cancel, bake or any buttons on touchpad almost like no power. turned off breaker for about a minute and reflipped hoping to clear it and reestablish power still dead. do i need to order a new board and is it available by itself as the contol panel is one big panel for both the microwave and the oven. the microwave still works great no problem there but lower half(oven part) of contol board is dead as a doornail. help appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,858 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

From what I can tell, there are several fuses in your oven....Test them all and make sure to .check to see if there is an inline fuse connected to the control board. I just did a wall oven kitchenaid that blew a thermal fuse as well as an inline control board fuse...of course it happened after the self clean cycle. The inline fuse was not represented on the wiring diagram but I knew it had to be one as no power was going to the board and the thermal fuse was connected only to the bake/broil elements.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Don't have the wiring diagram on this model.  I do see two thermal switches on the lower oven vent.  I'll expect one of those bimetals have opened.  May or may not resettable.  Should be able to access switches by removing center vent cover. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics