Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Automatic dishwasher detergent (liquid) put in Bosch SHX33A05UC rinse dispenser

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

We have a Bosch SHX33A05UC dishwasher in our vacation condo. We rented it out for the past 2 months. I noticed the refill rinse aid light was on. When I opened the little door, I saw dried liquid automatic dishwasher detergent residue. I turned the rinse aid dial to 6 (highest amt) and kept pouring warm water in it. I then ran it a couple times and also added white vinegar to rinse aid dispenser. Should I do anything else? Thansk

Dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Should be.  These dispensers have enough problems without the humans trying to kill them. Worst case scenario replace dispenser assy.  Relatively easy and inexpensive.  P/N 490467

#3 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well, I am smelling vinegar at the end of the wash cycle, so hopefully it means it is working and not clogged!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,642 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Dispenser Part Link:  http://www.repaircli.../490467/1107329

Detergent-Dispenser-490467-00912132.jpg

#5 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

OK. So I took apart door and removed dispenser. Was full of detergent. Rinsed it out well and reinstalled. For a few minutes, door thought it was latched. Took apart again and released latch. Only other issue i have is that several of the screws that hold stainless front panel on act like they are stripped. They keep turning and don't get tight. is there any way to fix that? Thanks.

Edited by dave42, 18 May 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#6 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

A trick I use for stripped screws is to use drop of super glue, then run them in snug.   The glue will set & hold them tight.  If you need to back the screws out later does not take much force to break the bond.

Edited by Patricio, 18 May 2013 - 10:14 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

you can also cut a sliver of metal from a screw hole repair kit, stick it in the hole and the screw will fit tight..  I use the stuff quite a bit.....$1.67

0cc20cb2-19f5-40e1-a880-04ec04580c94_300

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#8 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

The detergent dispenser doesn't open until the wash cycle. The first fill and drain is a rinse cycle. The second fill should be the wash cycle.

#9 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Sorry. I meant was dishwasher had completed entire cycle. Refill light came on after I rinsed out dispenser and emptied it about 20 times. Then I refilled with rinseaid. All seems well right now. enough screws seem tight that door panel is snug. If anything loosens, I will use crazy glue trick. Where can you buy the screw hole repair metal? I have never seen that.

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

. Where can you buy the screw hole repair metal?

click on picture

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#11 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

THANKS!

#12 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Harbor freight may still carry the hole repair kit. I reviewed it a while back in the Harbor freight topic in the tools forum. But the product link is no longer active.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#13 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

I will definitely buy screw hole repair kit. I don't want panel loosening with repeated opening and closing of door. Ant tricks as to how to remove screw from stripped hole without taking off entire panel again? When trying to unscrew a screw in the middle of door, screw turns but does not back out. I have no way of putting tension on it to help it back out. Maybe if I put something in head of screw to allow it to "stick" to Torx bit so it will back out? Thanks.

#14 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

The panel is only thin gauge Stainless steel ...If you look at the mounting holes on the door panel they are probably distorted.........they possibly do not have the 'thread / spiral'  shape to them....When I run across this problem, I use a pair of 'Channel-lock' type pliers and give each offending hole a squeeze,  not to much, just enough to give the thread its grip back.....................P.S....How many times have you take apart the door to keep repairing the same part?????.............Replacing the dispenser will stop the continued removing / reinstalling  the door panel, ( which will  only get  worse )  and the dispenser  will work as designed... :thumbsup: .............P.P.S.. slip a putty knife in between the frame and panel and gently pry and remove the screw at the same time.

Edited by certified tech group 51, 23 May 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#15 dave42

dave42

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Will try the putty knife trick. Just seems like I need a little force to allow screw to grip so I cam take it out. I have only removed panel once when I noticed the problem with soap residue in rinse aid filler. Then I removed and rinsed out dispenser. That is why I want to not remove the entire panel again as I fear more of the holes will strip. Out of the eight screw holes, probably 4 do not allow screws to become tight. Thanks. 

#16 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Ran into plenty of stripped liner screws doing the reworks on the old Whirlpool d/w door switches.  Almost every single one had at least one stripped screw in the console.  Use the putty knife/channel lock maneuver as suggested by Brother ctg.  Works best when removing stripped screws from s/s door liners and restoring the screw holes on the frame.

Edited by PDuff, 23 May 2013 - 10:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics