Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag dishwasher mdb7759 won't start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tuc

tuc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm trying to help a friend fix his dishwasher, maytag mdb 7759.

push the start button and close the door, start light flashes and machine does not start.

you guys were a great help with the daughter's dryer recently, and I would be very greatful for any advice.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Is it "Blinking Slowly" or "Flashing Rapidly?"

PROBLEM: Won’t Run and LED for Start/Resume Key is Blinking Slowly

Door switch not making contact:
1. Faulty or sloppy door latch assembly (which can be aggravated by high door closure force).
2. Faulty door switch (high resistance).
3. Faulty control does not detect door closed.

PROBLEM: Won’t Run and LED Above Key(s) is Flashing Rapidly

Short circuit(s) in keypad or in control’s input lines that read the keys (ribbon).

Also check that the control lock hasn't inadvertently been engaged. Try unlocking it by holding the lock key ~3 seconds. I have found that the unit will sometimes lock without the lock LED illuminating....

Read more: http://appliantology.../#ixzz2TnUHMpT9
Follow us: fixitnowsamurai on Facebook

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#3 tuc

tuc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

thanks for your reply, sorry it took so long to get back to this.

I think it was a lock problem, I read a similar problem on a different make/model that suggested that and told my friend to try unlocking it . he was able to get it working.

thanks for your advice CHAT_IN_FL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics