Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

tmblake6

LG DLE0442W Dryer making noise

6 posts in this topic

The dryer has been making a lot of noise when drying.  Still drying clothes, but lots of noise.  I notice some felt like material in the back of the dryer basket, it that the cause of the noise?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This piece?  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Felt-Seal/4036EL3001A/1267485

Not a bad job at all.  You can buy the part at the link above, which also has a video on how to replace it.  

If the drum is slopping around on that back wall, you'll also need to replace the drum rollers:  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Roller/4581EL2002C/2701044

Replace them both as a set.  

Get a good flashlight and start the dryer with no cloths inside......................Look towards the rear and watch the cylinder rotate.......Top and bottom, near the rollers................is it round or is it out-of-round?????...........The cylinder is thin stainless steel.....warps easily......

1 person likes this

Good tip, CTG!  I forgot about those waffa-thin dryer drums in the LG and Samsung dryers.  

Get a good flashlight and start the dryer with no cloths inside......................Look towards the rear and watch the cylinder rotate.......Top and bottom, near the rollers................is it round or is it out-of-round?????...........The cylinder is thin stainless steel.....warps easily......

Good tip, CTG!  I forgot about those waffa-thin dryer drums in the LG and Samsung dryers.  

Yes it is our of round, but that looks like it is because the seal is bad and the rollers are bad.  How do I know from looking at it if it will need a drum as well?