Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ahh-cool

kitchenaide dishwaser kuds03ftwhs adjust door

7 posts in this topic

I hope this is the last one in the series.

How do I adjust the door so it is tighter. the door seals but it never seamed to be tight enough

Ahh-Cool A/C

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Also check for leveling.  If unit is level and not too tight to countertop door should latch and seal as designed.

There's no adjustment on this door latch-- if the door isn't making a good, tight seal and maybe leaking a little, replace the door seal.

Also suspect that the hinges may be bent.

right now I'm just propping it closed with a chair, I'll look into it later

Thanks for all the help

the left hinge part # 8534854 was sitting higher than the other one. I bent the tab so the pin slips in the space and the door sits lower and even. it still does not shut completely. the dishwasher is not all the way in the pace and the L/H leg needs to go back a few inches to sit behind the tile. I wasn't able to do it yesterday by myself without braking a filler panel next to the dishwasher. The only reason I took the dishwasher out was to replace a broken water line to the sink.