Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher SHU9915UC-U11

Drain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Pure water

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I've been reading a lot of posts on the Bosch dishwasher before posting this. This machine seems to be stuck in drain mode.

I have replaced the drain pump, which was really noisy.

Is the likely culprit a stuck water fill sensor or a stuck flood switch? If so, where are these parts located, and, to service them, will the dishwasher have to be pulled out of the cabinet?

Thank you.

ross

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Please describe "stuck in drain mode".

It could possibly be a bad door switch.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Howdy, Reeferman!  Usually on these Bosch dishwashers, when the drain pump runs all the time, there's been a leak.  Check the base pan carefully for any water in there.  If there is, you'll probably need the wash impeller and seal kit:  http://www.repaircli...t/167085/935404

Impeller-and-Seal-Kit-167085-00858579.jp

Not a bad job.  If you click link above, there's a video on that page that shows how to install it.  

#4 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Been away for a bit. When the door is closed the unit just sits there in drain mode. It does not fill or wash; it just sits there trying to drain. I guess it was left one day and the drain motor wore out, which is what I replaced. But when I finished replacing the pump and closed the door, the unit just sat there in drain mode and no amount of pressing buttons could stop it. 

In answer to the water leak in base pan, I was not able to detect any water or evidence of water in the base pan. It appears to have been dry for quite some time. I have read many related posts to this brand and similar type of d/w and will take a close look at all of the connections behind the control panel. I have to go back to this today...thank you!!!

ross

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Brother reefer, could be a stuck safety float.  Provided there's no leak detected in the base, particularly under the circulating motor or at the drain hose.  Remove the bottom access panel.  With the unit running, take a long screwdriver and manipulate the red float plunger located behind the inlet valve.  (Be mindful not to contact the wire connectors at the valve).  Push the actuator down and see if it disengages the drain pump.  If it does, the unit should call for water and begin the wash cycle.  Watch for leaking from the circulating motor, which is the most common source for leaks on the Bosch.

#6 reeferman

reeferman

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Konichi-wa! (my apologies for spelling - no neighbors from Japan to learn from) 

It was a stuck float. I'm unaware of how it got that way so I'll keep an eye on this. Once again I feel the awesome force of this website, from the three of you...thank you.

ross

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Domo for the followup!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics