Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
bogreen

Frigidaire Wall Oven Model #PLEB27T9DCA

6 posts in this topic

This Electric double wall oven has blown the breaker for the customer a few times.

I checked the elements and wires and all look intact.

I turned the breaker on and it tripped immediately. Dead short somewhere.

It's got a nice big computer board right behind the display.

Could this cause a 220V breaker to blow?

Or does it sound to you like electrical problems?

Thanks,

Bruce

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does the breaker trip even if the line to the unit is disconnected from the unit?

Concur with Brother Reg.  If breaker is tripping could be shorted bake, broil or convection element.  Provided connections at power source are good, I see L2 feeds power supply board.  Might check there for shorted transformer. 

Start with the easily accessed tests, pull the control panel and do some testing from there................L1 / L2 to ground.....................Use the connection terminals at the console / relay board to check elements.........If nothing there, just pull the unit and with it out, you can check behind the ovens rear panel for wiring that is before relay and  check the J box behind the oven...........Last but not least, it could be a weak breaker................... been there / done that................Keep us posted + repair....