Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bogreen

Maytag Refrigerator Model #MFI2067AES

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

This customer is complaining that every 2 weeks or so, the unit starts to warm up and the flap in the ice chute keeps opening and closing out of control.

They've turned the breaker off and everything has gone back to normal, but it happens again a couple of weeks later.

I feel like I've entered another of those times when I get all the weird calls.

Thanks,

Bruce

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

yep the ol' ghost in the ice chute door problem.....dead give away..mainboard failure discussed quite a bit in a complaint forum http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-french-door-refrigerator-c5247.html and what's so cool...on page 3 or 4 someone told the others of a great site that helped them fix their problem...Appliantology!..well in its earlier form as applanceguru.com...here is the thread that was referenced....http://applianceguru.com/view_topic.php?id=13035&forum_id=1&jump_to=75815

OK, the customer finally called and said they want the board changed.

I got it and arrived today.

Installed the new board and finished by programming the code.

I did all the steps, everything going fine. I entered the Code from the plate in the refrigerator

and then the final step was to hold the Freezer "down" key until the code started blinking.

It never started blinking, but instead "beeped".

Per the instructions, if it beeps, it means the code is not saved in the computer and won't run.

So, I did the steps again, and again, and again, and never could get the code saved. It would

beep everytime.

Damn this is frustrating.

So, I put the old board back and told the customer I'd order another one. No problem there.

Have you heard of this happening?? Or is there some step that I didn't do??

Thanks,

Bruce

Did you verify the programming code? If you put the original board in programming mode, it will give you the programming code also.

Did you verify the programming code? If you put the original board in programming mode, it will give you the programming code also.

I didn't check the code that way, but on the Model # plate in the refrigerator the code 1311 was very visible.

I was nervous about putting the old board into programming in case it would'nt go back.

Then I'd have two boards and a customer with her refrigerator not working at all.

Thanks