Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vee8power

GE GCWP1000M0WW No spin after wash

9 posts in this topic

Went to this machine that was not spinning out after wash. It spins after the rinse cycle though. I replaced the timer with P/N WH12X10478

It has the same problem with the new timer. I don't get it; contact no. 21 is for spin in both spots.

Can anyone think of what I could be missing?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check the air dome and hose on lower left side of tub for gunk. Could be causing improper operation of water level pressure switch.

Eric

Yes, I did see some crud in the hose. I blew through it from the switch side; it didn't seem blocked. I didn't see by looking at the wiring diagram, how the PS was involved with the first spin. Guess I'll have to look again. Thanks.

the first drain and spin portion is shorter, the clogged pressure switch hose and cause the pressure to get stuck in the hose and on the ge washer it wont spin untill the pressure switch opens

Thanks sh2, I'll be looking at it again :thanks:

Went back to machine and disconnected the PS hose at the switch. I tested both positions of the switch with an ohmmeter and it was good. It still wouldn't spin after wash. according to the schematic, it looks like R9, R21, and R22 must be closed in order to spin.Looking at the timing chart though, R9 doesn't close until final spin. :kopkrab:

Posted tech sheet pics in gallery

Edited by vee8power

R19, R24 Motor direction (for Agitate)

R21, R22 Motor direction (for Spin)

Timer Chart shows F3 is for "Fabric Softener Spin" at the end of Wash,

but R3 is not on the wiring diagram

"Fabric Softener Spin"  not on this model

"real" Spin is only at the end of Rinse (R9)

from the Operating Instructions:

• Add diluted fabric softener

(on models with a fabric softener dispenser)

So, non-problem, working as designed, no spin after wash cycle. Really saving some energy there

Eric

I was trying to fix something that wasn't broke.... I should have been an engineer :wallbash:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0