Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile Refrigerator PSF26NGPABB

Temperature rising

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Would like a diagnostic manual for this refrigerator.  Temperature is rising in freezer to 22 degrees & refrigerator is 40.  Sides of cabinet is almost hot.  So I look at condenser & fan.   Condensor completely blocked with fuss & lint, fan lazily spinning.  Did not look at frost pattern cause of heat on cabinet.   Also the crisper fan is not running, but evap fan & refrigerator fan are,  tech sheet with refrigerator is a joke.

Cleaned condenser, turned refrigerator back on, condenser fan is spinning lazy.   My call is put new fan in.   Don't know what to check for voltage, DC, I would think.  Don't know which pins to check.  Tech sheet just gives me a little info.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Perhaps you would be interested in the GE diagnostic manual:  http://appliantology...ultiple-models/

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Of course I'm interested,  But this model in question is a PSF not listed in this bundle of manuals.  Or should I use the PSH manual?

Now I just read a post on todays new content a GE PFS** that talks about the motherboard crapping out & a GE service letter that listed the this PSF26 in the list of bad boards.    You recon that could be my problem?   Mother board not supplying correct voltage to comp. fan?

Edited by Patricio, 20 May 2013 - 10:27 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

Awwite, budrow, closest thang I can find fer ya is the minimanual:  http://appliantology...tor-minimanual/

Please start a new topic in the Kitchen forum for technical discussions and troubleshooting. 

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,088 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Samurai Appliance Repair Man, on 21 May 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Awwite, budrow, closest thang I can find fer ya is the minimanual: http://appliantology...tor-minimanual/

Please start a new topic in the Kitchen forum for technical discussions and troubleshooting.

This proves that you have forgotten more about appliances than I will ever hope to know....This fridge is just like "the Bastard." You sent me a full manual, and that manual suggested I buy the diagnostic aid. It's the fridge with the silly LCD touch screen and limited diagnostics....I'll upload it..

see if this works....http://appliantology...psw-lcd-manual/

btw reason I called the fridge similar to this and that continues to haunt me "the bastard" is because it's a tweener model....dual evaps, but no inverter, about 2 fans in the freezer and three in the fridge, LCD touch screen that has sucky diagnostics ...for instance "all fan mode" doesn't turn on all fans...like the ff evap fan..I know, it had me chasing my tail for weeks.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

I think it's another testament to my advancing age and my youthful indiscretions with abusing various recreational substances.  Glad you had my six on this one, Brother Durham!  

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

... PFS** that talks about the motherboard crapping out & a GE service letter that listed the this PSF26 in the list of bad boards.   

yes, model number listed in service letter, depending on first (2) characters of Fridge serial number,

but only mentions Evaporator Fan and Dispenser Board problems..

Look for burned resistors on MB

http://appliantology...tallation-info/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

Yeah, the board on the bastard didn't survive a transformer that blew down the street.  Put another board in it...and it's still acting like a bastard. lol

#9 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I think it's another testament to my advancing age and my youthful indiscretions with abusing various recreational substances. Glad you had my six on this one, Brother Durham!

Dude, are you kidding me? I was working on that ^@&@# machine for hours, couldn't find any info. I started to panic like a little damsel tied to a railroad track hearing a loud whistle.   And then you did the lone ranger thing that you do and sent me this manual.

Later that night,the customers asked me..."who was that head-banded man?" As I stared off in the distance I replied "That my friend, was The Samurai." And then they joined me in staring off in the distance, all of us had awe in our eyes...while staring off in the distance. The End.. Join us next time when our head-banded hero....

yeah I know.....gonna cause a topic split again  lol

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

LMAO!  Durham, you are over the top, dude!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics